asrock z68 professional gen3 - evga gtx 560 ti problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z68 professional gen3 - evga gtx 560 ti problem

I installed a EVGA GTX 560 card that I bought a week ago on a brand new ASRock z68 Professional Gen3 and the fan on the card runs like crazy. The fan makes so much noise that it's unbearable and there is no way to slow it down. I previously had the card on my EVGA 790i FTW motherboard and it worked just fine. Is there any way to control the fan speed? The fan comes on at full speed at start up even before BIOS and OS loaded. It even runs without the two PCI power sources plugged in - just the card on the pci-e slot. Please help!!!

Re: asrock z68 professional gen3 - evga gtx 560 ti problem

Try installing RivaTuner or something similar maybe? RivaTuner

Comment

Have you tried removing the card and carefully inspecting the card's contacts for any damage as well as cleaned the contacts with a q-tip & alcohol? After doing that try reseating the card in the slot and see if that improves things. As sometimes the card may appear to be seated properly but really is not and sometimes with a new board the 1rst time you insert the card not all of the pcie contact points are making good contact with the card...You could also try a clean fresh install of a version of G-Force drivers that you know worked best for you in the past, as we all know, sometimes the latest version is not always the best...

Please post back with your findings/results

Comment

Originally posted by SaphireX View Post
        Have you tried removing the card and carefully inspecting the card's contacts for any damage as well as cleaned the contacts with a q-tip & alcohol? After doing that try reseating the card in the slot and see if that improves things. As sometimes the card may appear to be seated properly but really is not and sometimes with a new board the 1rst time you insert the card not all of the pcie contact points are making good contact with the card...You could also try a clean fresh install of a version of G-Force drivers that you know worked best for you in the past, as we all know, sometimes the latest version is not always the best...

Please post back with your findings/results
        Thanks SaphireX! That is exactly what it needed. I took the card out, clean, and reinserted. Everything is working wonderfully at the moment. Thank you for all of your suggestions!

Comment

Glad to hear that I pointed you in the right direction. Sometimes the simplest fix is often overlooked when trouble-shooting...

Cheers!
          SaphireX

Comment

Working...
          X