Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Updating

Hello everyone,

if I take a BIOS update is it better to take all the releases since the version already on the board or to just take the latest release?

I am running an ASRock Pro-3 motherboard version 1.10 and version 1.60 is available now.

I've been having issues with Intel Display Driver stopping working and then recovering that I overcame initially by increasing IGPU in the overclocking facility but I'm not happy with having to use that facility for that purpose.
    BIOS release 1.50 specifically says it's for modifying default IGPU voltage settings and I'd hate to take 1.60 and not get 1.50 or any of the others included.

Also,if I may,I see the BIOS updates come in rar files.
    Is a standard winrar extraction all that's needed to convert that file into something that a flash drive could then upload to the BIOS Flash?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
    Intel i5 2500-k ,ASRock Z68 Pro3, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM,64GB Crucial M4 SSD, 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD, Coolermaster GX650W psu, Coolermaster CM 690 II basic case, LG BH10LS30 BD-RW

Re: BIOS Updating

Always take the most recent NON-BETA and NON-ALPHA version. Take alpha and beta versions at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks La5er,

so I should only take the one latest alpha release and forget about all the others,
      I guess they all get bundled together as the new ones get released then?

Andrew
      Intel i5 2500-k ,ASRock Z68 Pro3, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM,64GB Crucial M4 SSD, 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD, Coolermaster GX650W psu, Coolermaster CM 690 II basic case, LG BH10LS30 BD-RW

Comment

Something else I am not certain of is this,if I want to install Intel RST do I need to flash to version 1.20 where it says download the latest driver here or will version 1.60 contain that driver as well.
        It's quite confusing for a newcomer like me to know exactly what is what and where.

Thanks again for any help or advice offered.

Andrew

Comment

1.6 will have everything thats in 1.5 will contain anything thats in 1.4.........

Comment

Nice,
            I've got it now,was having issues setting up Intel RST but have it working now on a BIOS 1.20 ROM.
            I'll be going to BIOS 1.60 later.

Thanks for your input La5er.

Comment

Just a quick addition to my earlier posts.

If,after successfully installing Intel RST on your ASRock Z68 Pro3 Motherboard you want to update BIOS again then after doing the update you need to go into BIOS again and re-set your storage to Raid,or at least I did.
              After the update the storage re-set to IDE and the machine would not start so I manually set it to Raid again and it appears to be functioning normally again now.

Comment

Working...
              X