GA-A75M-UD2H onboard HDMI output does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-A75M-UD2H onboard HDMI output does not work

I just installed this mobo with an AMD A4 3400 FM1 CPU for onboard video. I installed the latest bios (F4) and drivers and cannot get the HDMI port to work. The VGA and DVI both work. I put an old ATI DVI to HDMI adapter on it and using the same HDMI cable it works, but the HDMI audio is not compatible.

Trying to figure out if I'm missing something or if it's just a bad port (which is most likely but really don't want to have to replace mobo - pita).

Re: GA-A75M-UD2H onboard HDMI output does not work

Do you have a spare hdmi cable to try? Could just be a fault cable or wrong version 1.3 / 1.4 ect
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      Do you have a spare hdmi cable to try? Could just be a fault cable or wrong version 1.3 / 1.4 ect
      It's not the cable. It was fine with the board/video card I replaced yesterday and it's now working with the ATI adapter on the DVI port.

Comment

I think you'll have to connect the on-board audio to the video card via an S/PDIF cable to get audio through HDMI. You get no image at all?
        Gizas! what a mess :)

Comment

are you enabling ati audio or your monitors audio in playback devices?

Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Finally got it working. I updated all the drivers again and flashed the bios again and for whatever reason it finally kicked in. Only thing that makes sense is something didn't install properly to begin with. I don't know why the drivers would affect the HDMI at boot, though. The first time I flashed the bios there didn't seem to be a problem, but maybe the second time took care of it. Kind of thing that can drive you up the wall, but if that's the worst on a new install I'll take it.

Anyway, it's really a nice board with great features and the onboard graphics are excellent. This is an HTPC used mainly for recording/viewing OTA HD and some streaming. I replaced an AMD Regor 250 w/5450 video card and this chip so far seems a lot faster and the graphics are even a little improved. We'll see how it does at transcoding next.

Comment

glad you got it going,and yh the lano chip is it? has better igpu than sandybridge
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Glad you kinda sorted that out. Enjoy the HTPC.
                Gizas! what a mess :)

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                  glad you got it going,and yh the lano chip is it? has better igpu than sandybridge
                  It is the llano and for the price it looks like it will be hard to beat for the right setups. I really didn't need to upgrade mine but I needed a mobo/mem/chip for a system for my grandson so I thought it would be a good time to play around with the new toy and just give him my old one. I really don't know anything about the sandybrdge but everything I've read said the llano is superior for graphics (I haven't built with Intel since the 386DX - not a gamer and don't need to go high end).

Comment

yeah i like those chips myself,it supports dx11 aswell,something which your old graphic card didnt,again sandybridge only supports dx10 not 11
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Spoke too soon on the onboard HDMI output. This system goes to sleep quite a bit since it's really only used for recording/playback of HD OTA virtually all in prime time. I have this pc hooked up to a Pioneer receiver by hdmi and then by hdmi to a 42" plasma. I have been using the same setup (just with another mobo with discrete graphics) for years and with the Pioneer for a year and 1/2. With this new mobo, when it comes out of sleep there is no video if the receiver was not set to the HTPC when it woke up. It seems to be ok if the receiver is set to the HTPC before wakeup, but even then the screen does not format properly (much overscan). Some of this has to be due to the drivers (both chipset and video), but they are the ones available.

I did notice on Gigabyte's site for the product features/specs that there is a note that onboard video connections are often not hot pluggable, but the only one that seems to have that problem is the HDMI. My guess is it has something to do with the handshake not being conducted properly. I'm curious if anyone has had similar problems with onboard audio (I've used ATI onboard before without these types of problems). I'm sure everything for this mobo is geared to Win7 and not XP that I'm using,, but that wouldn't account for some of the video problems at post.

The problem is everything else is working well and the pq from the ATI APU video is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X