Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Help] Asrock 990FX Professional Fatal1ty. USB still ON after shut down

Hi guys.
    I'm just purchase an Asrock 990FX Professional Fatal1ty.
    I Have some question here.

USB power still ON, even when computer shut down.
    may be someone tell me this: "why not you just cut off the PSU switch button? or directly cut off the head power outlet?"
    I DO. but it's still very annoying. come on, this is an era of instant right. this not an era of IBM PC pentium I, pentium II, pentium III or some other old stuff.

I know this is may be the feature to charge your mobile device like iPhone or iPod, even when the computer is OFF.but this is really annoying for me, cause I have so many USB Devices like external HDD, USB Modem, external USB fan. etc. and It's not funny to see my USB Devices still working (ON) even the computer is OFF.
    I've see the FAQ on Asrock website, and found some confusing answer.
    The Answer is: In order to solve this problem, please adjust the PS2_USB_PWR1 jumper to pin 1-2(+5V).

so, I'm looking in my motherboard if any jumper for PS2_USB_PWR1. but I don't see it, there is nothing a PS2_USB_PWR1 jumper.
    I'm only see the Clear CMOS jumper om my motherboard.

I've send a message to Asrock Technical Support (about 2 week ago) to solve my problem, but still have no answer from Asrock.

I've try to setting all feature on the ACPI Configuration. and still nothing.
    I've also update the Latest BIOS (1.50) and still nothing.

Please help me, if any way to solve this preblem.
    Thanks in Advance.

Update:
    this problem has been SOLVED.
    Please kindly adjust "Onboard HD Audio On/Off Play" to [Disabled] under BIOS to try.
    ( BIOS/ Advanced/ South Bridge Configuration/ Onboard HD Audio)

Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    Original Post can read here Post #10. by ASRock TSD - Emily

ASRock is ROCK...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sofyan88; 12-13-2011, 07:20 PM. Reason: Problem Solved

Re: [Help] Asrock 990FX Professional Fatal1ty. USB still ON after shut down

USB power can be supplied from either main 5V or standby 5V. For the latter, USB isn't off when you turn off the PS and I think it is used for USB keyboards to turn the PC on by inputting a pre-configured password. Many boards have a jumper on them to select the mode (5V/5VSB). I saw your MB's manual but didn't find such an option neither on jumpers nor on bios. Better to ask again from Asrock TSDs.
    It is also probable that location for this jumper exists but pins are not soldered out to put a jumper on. Take an exact look on your board to see if so available -but not accessible- jumper exists. Also note: Even if there is such location for a jumper on the board, changing it by soldering is opposed to guaranty.

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
      USB power can be supplied from either main 5V or standby 5V. For the latter, USB isn't off when you turn off the PS and I think it is used for USB keyboards to turn the PC on by inputting a pre-configured password. Many boards have a jumper on them to select the mode (5V/5VSB). I saw your MB's manual but didn't find such an option neither on jumpers nor on bios. Better to ask again from Asrock TSDs.
      It is also probable that location for this jumper exists but pins are not soldered out to put a jumper on. Take an exact look on your board to see if so available -but not accessible- jumper exists. Also note: Even if there is such location for a jumper on the board, changing it by soldering is opposed to guaranty.
      syukron kabir ya akhi. :D

I'm already sent the question about my problem to asrock costumer services. (about 2 week ago) but still no feedback from asrock.

I've search every inch per icnh of my mobo, but still have not found an USB jumper.

I really hope feedback from asrock soon.
      did any asrock representative here?
      I hope so.

once again thanks for your concern my friend :D

Comment

I have the same problem on the Extreme4 Gen3. I contacted ASRock and was told to reset the BIOS to default - which of course did nothing whatsoever to help. I have also scoured my MB manual and the board looking for a jumper but no joy. There has got be some secret combination of BIOS settings that take care of this. I thought I was onto something earlier today when I realized the AppCharger software from ASRock enables charging after shutdown. I uninstalled it but I still have the same problem. I wonder though if the AppCharger installation tweaked something that the uninstall did not undo?

Latest communication from ASRock was to return the board. Right. The replacement will almost certainly have the same behavior.

Comment

Send a Private Message (PM) to ASRock TSD - Emily, include a link to this thread and ask her to reply here.
          To send a PM, click on Settings in the upper right corner of the web page and click on Send New Message.
          In other threads, they were able to perform tests to identify and verify the problem.

A workaround for this could be to buy a USB hub, connect your devices to the hub and unplug the hub after you've shut down your system.
          Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
          P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
          4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
          MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
          Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
          WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
          SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
          Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
          Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
          Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
          MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
          Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
          HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
          CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
          E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
          Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
          Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
          HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
          win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Thanks a lot Jim. I'll do that.

Comment

Originally posted by pgagoober View Post
              I have the same problem on the Extreme4 Gen3. I contacted ASRock and was told to reset the BIOS to default - which of course did nothing whatsoever to help. I have also scoured my MB manual and the board looking for a jumper but no joy. There has got be some secret combination of BIOS settings that take care of this. I thought I was onto something earlier today when I realized the AppCharger software from ASRock enables charging after shutdown. I uninstalled it but I still have the same problem. I wonder though if the AppCharger installation tweaked something that the uninstall did not undo?

Latest communication from ASRock was to return the board. Right. The replacement will almost certainly have the same behavior.
              same here bro.
              I Hope Asrock have a solution about this problem
              Originally posted by profJim View Post
              Send a Private Message (PM) to ASRock TSD - Emily, include a link to this thread and ask her to reply here.
              To send a PM, click on Settings in the upper right corner of the web page and click on Send New Message.
              In other threads, they were able to perform tests to identify and verify the problem.

A workaround for this could be to buy a USB hub, connect your devices to the hub and unplug the hub after you've shut down your system.
              ok, I got it mod.
              very happy to your help here. thanks

I'll try to send a PM to ASRock TSD - Emily

Comment

Update: For unrelated reasons I had to completely reinstall my system yesterday. I was careful to avoid installing the AppCharger driver but still no joy. Must be a BIOS setting. FYI, I do not have the BIOS set to allow the USB keyboard or mouse turn on the computer. I tested these settings and they work as expected but they had no impact on USB power while shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by pgagoober View Post
                  Update: For unrelated reasons I had to completely reinstall my system yesterday. I was careful to avoid installing the AppCharger driver but still no joy. Must be a BIOS setting. FYI, I do not have the BIOS set to allow the USB keyboard or mouse turn on the computer. I tested these settings and they work as expected but they had no impact on USB power while shutdown.
                  yes indeed..
                  I've try to re-installing the OS 3 times, but still have that problem.

Really Hope feedback from Asrock Representative here.
                  I've already send a PM to Emily. let's hope this problem solved soon.
                  Amin

Comment

Dear Pgagoober,

Please kindly adjust "Onboard HD Audio On/Off Play" to [Disabled] under BIOS to try.

Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
                    ASRock TSD
                    Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                      Dear Pgagoober,

Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
                      ASRock TSD
                      Emily
                      oh... finally...
                      thank god.

it work. that was really help and solve this problem.

Thank you very much Emily.
                      Thanks to AsRock, and so many thanks to TweakTown Forum, Also Moderator here and Administrator.

Really guy's.. I'm so glad have this problem solved.. wait a minute, It can't be say "a problem" anymore... let's say "the untold setting".
                      it can be input to AsRock, Please Complete The Documentation about your Product, even with small thing like this.

once again...
                      Thank You everyone.
                      Sofyan Assauri.

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Glad you're back on track soyfan!

Comment

goober are you running any mb mobile device charging software? usually this keeps usb ports enabled after shut down?
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm afraid not. I did think about that but the only thing like that I've come in contact with is the ASRock AppCharger. When I recently reinstalled the system I was sure to avoid installing it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I really don't want to have to take apart my system to send the board back and wait for a replacement. Especially without any real confidence that my board is faulty. I'm still hoping to find some clever BIOS tweak to deal with it. Fingers crossed.......

Comment

It means enabling HD Audio causes problem on usb power?!

Comment

Working...
                              X