Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openoffice

Here I am! The new guy on the block.
    Anyone using openoffice? I'm new to the Linux world, but am being convincingly converted. I am a big user of Msoffice2k and need to know if openoffice can handle MsPublisher files.? It would be a shame if can't. I am using Mandrake 8.2 and just installed Openoffice.

`:confused:

I've only used it with ms word and power point files, no problems with those two.
    p-two.net

Comment

Ditto....I'm a heavy M$ Office user at work and I have no trouble at all reading/writing Office files and interchanging between the two. with OOffice at home..Open Office is a bit slower opening up though but time is not really an issue given the cost....nothing

I especially like the look when I imported the TrueType fonts and used the option to set up OOfice to look like O/S2...rather nifty

I am amazed why anyone (including me in the past) would pay over $AU1000 for MS Office when a perfectly viable free alternative is available...

Give it a go and remember you won't lose anything at all except maybe a little bit of time...and that's well spent learning in any event....

Comment

Working...
      X