Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme7 Gen3 & Corsair K60 Mechanical Keyboard - Problem Entering BIOS on POST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme7 Gen3 & Corsair K60 Mechanical Keyboard - Problem Entering BIOS on POST.

The Corsair K60 mechanical keyboard just hit the market.

The Extreme7 Gen3 will not recognize the Corsair K60 keyboard on POST, so I can't enter the bios using DEL or F2 using this keyboard.

I've tried The USB dongle you attach to the motherboard USB, the rear USB 3.0 ports, and rear USB 2.0 ports.

I'm using BIOS 1.30, and have tested BETA Bios 1.32, and neither work.

The keyboard works fine once my Windows 7 64bit Ultimate loads.

Re: Extreme7 Gen3 & Corsair K60 Mechanical Keyboard - Problem Entering BIOS on POST.

YEs ASrocks BIOS is ****, the board is weird, it can't recognize USB 3 Keyboards or Mice before a Windows install & installing their asmedia drivers. Common problem. FIX YOUR BIOS ASROCK!

Comment

Re: Extreme7 Gen3 & Corsair K60 Mechanical Keyboard - Problem Entering BIOS on POST.

The Corsair K60 is a USB 2.0 device.

Comment

you need to pm emily and tell her the make model of keyboard,and maybe they can include it in the bios and send you a modified bios to try
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Extreme7 Gen3 &amp; Corsair K60 Mechanical Keyboard - Problem Entering BIOS on POST.

it can't recognize USB 3 Keyboards or Mice before a Windows install & installing their asmedia drivers

Comment

Re: Extreme7 Gen3 &amp; Corsair K60 Mechanical Keyboard - Problem Entering BIOS on POST.

That's interesting, but I believe I mentioned it's a USB 2.0 keyboard.

Comment

Since as you say this hardware just hit the market you will most likely need a modded UEFI as wazza300 previously advised in order for it to work in the UEFI. Since the UEFI is a very different animal than windows

Comment

Originally posted by SaphireX View Post
                Since as you say this hardware just hit the market you will most likely need a modded UEFI as wazza300 previously advised in order for it to work in the UEFI. Since the UEFI is a very different animal than windows
                Yes, I understand thanks. I did PM Emily a couple of days ago, no reply yet.

It's a very popular keyboard already, sold out on Newegg day 1 (in stock again).

Happy Holidays.

Comment

Wow sold out in 1-day it must be HOT! Until Emily can craft up a custom UEFI for you if you need to make changes in the UEFI hook up a cheap USB keyboard/mouse...

Comment

I have the exact same problem with the Corsair k60 not being recognized prior to loading windows, and otherwise absolutely love this keyboard. For the time being I'm going to try and set a profile on my g9x mouse to assign up,down,left,right,Del and F11 or atleast just Del and F11. I have parts for a second rig that I'm shipping to a friend and my old keyboard will be along for the ride. So I need a fix. Any help is appreciated. Another issue I have is if I have my external hdd plugged in to usb 3.0, upon reboot i stick on asrock logo with debug code of B4(usb hot plug) and won't post untill I remove the hdd. Any ideas? Still new to this mobo, only had it about 2 days now.

Comment

Dear all,

Due to we don't have Corsair K90 and K60 keyboard on our side, we cannot do the test.

We try to get the device to do the test at the present.

If any update, I will inform you.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                      ASRock TSD
                      Emily

Comment

I have the same problem with Gigabyte K8100 usb keyboard and with the Roccat Kone usb mouse , i cant use it until windows loads, in Windows they works fine. Any fix for this? (Asrock p67 Extreme4, Bios: 2.10, Win7 64 bit)
                        Last edited by Seth11; 01-11-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

ASRock did send me a few test bios files to load to try to fix the problem of not being able to enter the bios at post, no good, but here's what they said:

------------------------------

Dear Undermoose,

Thanks for your test result.

Due to Corsair K90 keyboard doesn't sell in Taiwan, we will try to buy the keyboard from Europe or America.
                          It maybe take some time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If any update, I will inform you.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                          ASRock TSD
                          Emily

-------------------------------

It's too bad they can't contact Corsair for the necessary technical information to fix the problem, but the keyboard is new and ASRock did make an effort! Thanks ASRock!

I do hope a new bios will fix this in the not to distant future.

Undermoose

Comment

I posted about my problem 4 days ago and also sent pm. to Emily. Is it possibble to get an answer?

Comment

Dear Seth11,

Sorry for the late reply.
                              Please kindly update BIOS P2.10E from P67 Extreme4 beta zone as below link to try.
                              Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > P67 Extreme4 > Download

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
                              ASRock TSD
                              Emily

Comment

Working...
                              X