deluxe5 power down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deluxe5 power down

My deluxe5 shuts down under load.....i switched out psu with same results...i then hooked 2 psu's one to power gpu's and other components and one to power mb and cpu...narrowed overcurrent down to mb/cpu and then narrowed further to 8pin cpu power connector as being the source of overcurrent...my question is would this be caused by failing vrm's or cpu?....i question cpu though because it still performs pretty well although I can't push it as far as i used to because of powerdown...ideas?

Re: deluxe5 power down

Why not just try the 4 pin solution with the CPU-power? ASRock indicates that both 4 pin and 8-pin solutions for CPU-power work. You never know if this simple test does not change the situation somehow...

Comment

I actually did one step more...i hooked a seperate psu to the 4 pin connector only and when put under load the psu shut down...the other psu continued to run

Comment

Originally posted by mrinnocent View Post
        I actually did one step more...i hooked a seperate psu to the 4 pin connector only and when put under load the psu shut down...the other psu continued to run
        Then there is definitely something wrong with your on-board power circuits (capacitors probably). These are complicated circuits nowadays, so repair is outside our hands. Maybe ASRock wants to let you check your CPU first on another MB, maybe not... Anyhow, if your PSU supplies enough Amps on its lines, your CPU-load should not let it shut down. Period...

Comment

thanks for your reply...kind of what i was thinking...guess i'll pop the heatsinks off to have a look..maybe get lucky and see a cap bulging!!

Comment

Working...
          X