Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 990FX Extreme4 1394 guid are invalid in both cmos and flash

Hello,
    I just bought an ASRock 990FX Extreme4 motherboard and whenever I start my computer up it shows this error: " 1394 guid are invalid in both cmos and flash" and tells me to press F1 to continue. Is there a tool or hotfix that I could use to solve this problem. I am running a 64bit OS by the way.

Re: 990FX Extreme4 1394 guid are invalid in both cmos and flash

Hi AMDJeff,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me via PM.
    I will send the tool to you for re-writing 1394ID.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Comment

Hello Emily,

Can you please send me the tool, too? I also just bought the new board and am receiving the same error.

Thank you!

Comment

I'm having the same problem, anyone have a fix for this, link maybe? I just PM'd "Emily"...but still waiting for a response...

Comment

Well Asrock was great in a quick response...only problem is, is that I'm not bios savvy. I opted to disable the 1394 and just not use it...

Comment

Originally posted by cliffymiracle View Post
            Well Asrock was great in a quick response...only problem is, is that I'm not bios savvy. I opted to disable the 1394 and just not use it...
            So you're saying that simply disabling the 1394 controller in the BIOS stops the display of the error message, correct? That's not surprising but just wanted to verify that is the case.

Not "bios savvy"? Reluctant to apply the fix? We can help you with that if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              So you're saying that simply disabling the 1394 controller in the BIOS stops the display of the error message, correct? That's not surprising but just wanted to verify that is the case.

Not "bios savvy"? Reluctant to apply the fix? We can help you with that if you're interested.
              Yup, boots right up...I can't figure out how to boot into the pure dos environment with the AsRock bios.

My set-up: AMD FX 8320, AsRock 990FX Extreme 4 MB, Widows 8.1

Here's the instructions...

MAC Utility Structure<o:p></o:p>
              Step1: Please checkMAC address from the label on parallel port.<o:p></o:p>
              <v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"> </v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas> <v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"> <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" style="width: 247.5pt; height: 156pt;" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
              Step2: Unzip and savedirectory mac to a bootable floppy disk and boot.<o:p></o:p>Step3: Key in asfollow: <o:p></o:p>
              A:/> cd MAC <enter><o:p></o:p></enter>
              A:/mac>mac c [macID] <enter> <o:p></o:p></enter>
              If it is success, itwill show following information: <o:p></o:p>
              MAC ID:XXXXXXXXXXXXSUM: XX<o:p></o:p>
              Write MAC functioncall OK. <o:p></o:p>
              Last edited by cliffymiracle; 12-01-2014, 04:35 AM.

Comment

So I have a question, on this page it has three different options to update the bios...are these different ways to update? does this mean I can use windows to update or do I have to use the DOS update?

ASRock > 990FX Extreme4

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cliffymiracle View Post
                  Yup, boots right up...I can't figure out how to boot into the pure dos environment with the AsRock bios.

My set-up: AMD FX 8320, AsRock 990FX Extreme 4 MB, Widows 8.1

Here's the instructions...

MAC Utility Structure<o:p></o:p>
                  Step1: Please checkMAC address from the label on parallel port.<o:p></o:p>
                  <v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"> </v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas> <v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"> <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" style="width: 247.5pt; height: 156pt;" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
                  Step2: Unzip and savedirectory mac to a bootable floppy disk and boot.<o:p></o:p>Step3: Key in asfollow: <o:p></o:p>
                  A:/> cd MAC <enter><o:p></o:p></enter>
                  A:/mac>mac c [macID] <enter> <o:p></o:p></enter>
                  If it is success, itwill show following information: <o:p></o:p>
                  MAC ID:XXXXXXXXXXXXSUM: XX<o:p></o:p>
                  Write MAC functioncall OK. <o:p></o:p>
                  Hi, I am having the same problem. I bought two of these boards back in 2011 as I keep an extra in case of failure to one. Well I decided to use the extra one and I am getting this error. I need a fix please.

Comment

Dear gigman,

Thanks for your inquiry.
                    Please send e-mail and describe some information to below link of our technical support e-mail site.
                    ASRock > Support Request Form
                    We will provide the mac address tool for you.

Thank you.

ASRock TSD
                    Eddy

Comment

Working...
                    X