Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional issues Looking for help/worked out some issues may help others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional issues Looking for help/worked out some issues may help others

AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional Bios 1.50

Issues: < took 3 days to solve.

"DO NOT INSTALL THX TruStudio"

If you do Intsall this you will have to install REVO uninstaller to remove THX TruStudio.

Because the nice guys at creative have not given this program a uninstaller.
    It does not show up on the unistall list for windows 7 pro.
    It does not show up on the all programs list at all as well.

Why the complaint you ask?

Well on Realtek HD Audio Manager when installing the drivers you will get NO sound effects TAB.

The fix

Install revo unistaller to remove THX TruStudio. You have to go into hunter mode with revo.
    open THX TruStudio program. then use revo's hunter Target point to THX open program and
    it will finds most of the registry entrys for you.
    on select to delete only select creative entrys NOT THE WHOLE STRING.

I reinstalled Realtek hd drivers still no sound effects TAB hmmm? WTH now what?

Uninstall realtek again.
    Then I had to go get driver sweeper. Install driver sweeper.
    In safe mode select realtek and creative analize... ahh it finds more creative and realtek
    left overs removed cleaned them asks to reboot yes.

Installed realtek HD drivers WHOO HOO sound effects tab is back. R2.67 BTW

By the looks of this it looks like creative was blocking sounds effects tab so you would think
    you need there pro version because I have no EQ or effects... HMMM tacky very Tacky.

If I was ASRock I would drop Creative there trying to pull a fast one!

Issues: < help please
    If you use instant boot the led's will stay ON for USB devices at shutdown. disabling
    Instant boot shuts off LED's for USB devices.

If instant boot is enabled the on/off play option in SB config. has no effect on led's
    for usb devices. when the PC is shut off.
    (this is how it works for me if instant boot is enabled)

All so I have no mouse use in the bios if instant boot is set to disable.
    If instant boot is enabled I have use of my mouse in the bios.

If you want to power down led's usb devices disable instant boot.
    How ever you will have no mouse use in the bios if you do this.
    keyboard works fine no matter what setting you use.

We need a manuel for instant boot Please. Help us sort out the issues we have.

I would like to use instant boot but have LEDS off, keyboard off, mouse off,
    power button to start the PC fast with instant boot is there a way to do this?

I do not have ASRock APP Charger installed. (I do not use a ipod)

Issues: < help please.
    I had to do instant bios flash twice before the 1.50 bios would work correctly.
    1.30 was the bios I started with.

Not sure why but the led's on the motherboard the ones with the Fatal1ty logo (2 total)
    and clear cmos on the back dont come on? Any idea how I can get them light up when the
    pc is running?

Issues: < help please.
    If you disable legacy support for usb devices you can not enter the bios with the keyboard
    commands and must clear cmos to gain keyboard support again to enter the bios.

Make sure you enable legacy support on usb 3 and usb 2 or you will have to clear cmos.
    to regain keyboard support. Needs to be a warning in the bios about this Please.

Issues: < help please
    Memory DDR3 [SNIPER] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2 sets (4x4GB=16GB) All memory tests pass fine.

16GB support for 1866 memory if I manually set the times volts and select 1866 ram a
    no boot to OS issue occurs.

Note: I do not want to over clock cpu to crazy settings or memory just hit the spec.
    1866 with 16GB of my memory.

If I have to up anything to do this what bios settings do I need?

I am totally lost about how to set this part up. (In the words of the young NOOB!)

PC runs fine at 1600 (default) with 16GB no issues at all.

I Need help here please.

PC specs

(sorry just happy about the build)

AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional (Bios 1.50) (latest drives)

Memory DDR3 [SNIPER] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2 sets (4x4GB=16GB) G.Skill

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+

Antec KUHLER H2O 920 Liquid Cooling System

Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s (SSD next X-mas)

PowerColor PCS+ AX6970 2GBD5-PP2DHG Radeon HD 6970 Call of Duty Edition
    2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express (12.1 driver preview)

LITE-ON DVD Burner / LITE-ON DVD (firmware updated)

AZZA Solano 1000 Black/Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front
    ATX Full Tower Computer Case

BFG Tech EX-1200 BFGR1200WEXPSU 1200W

steelseries Shift Gaming Keyboard 64105 Black USB Wired Gaming Keyboard (latest drivers)

Logitech M570 Black 1 x Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser Trackball (latest drivers)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit (All updates Installed)
    Last edited by sHOOT-mE-damIT; 01-01-2012, 12:18 PM.

Re: AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional issues Looking for help/worked out some issues may help others

BUMP

Comment

Re: AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional issues Looking for help/worked out some issues may help others

Nice On! on getting rid of the "crippled" Creative THX Studio...I did have an uninstaller for the app in the ADD/Remove Programs appellate for uninstalling THX Studio. Maybe because I installed it as a standalone and not from the CD. So uninstalled that plus the latest Realtek x64 (package only) of version 2.67 REBOOTED into Safe Mode and used (paid for) DriveCleaner version 3.4.6.0 choosing to remove any leftover Creative and Creative Light (registry keys) as well as Realtek Audio and Realtek HDMI Audio (registry keys) - REBOOTED into regular mode installed the latest Realtek X64 version 2.67 and when prompted rebooted and "what da ya know"-The VASTLY SUPERIOR Realtek Sound Effects Tab is back and the Realtek Graphic Equalizer now allows me to setup custom EQ's for my listening pleasure!

Like I said "amigo" NICE-ONE!!

Cheers

SaphireX

Comment

Glad I could help SaphireX

Nice to see that sound effects tab.

All I can say is BOOOOO Creative HISSSS.

sHOOT

Comment

Can I get some support AsRock?
          Waitnig for my warrenty to run out?

Bump

Comment

Working...
          X