Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 debug code on ASRock Z68 Extreme3

Hello everyone.

So here's what's up. I recently put together a new build consisting of an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 among other parts. I put everything together and tried to start it up but found that there was no video being outputted as well as the code A3 being displayed on the motherboard. I looked it up on the ole interwebs and after about an hour found someone that had a solution that worked for me.

Basically, I had to remove my video card, plug into the onboard video and then hit delete in order to enter into the bios at which point I changed from IDE to AHCI for my SSD. I then turned off the system, hooked my video card back up and started the computer again, at which point everything worked fine, the video outputted correctly and the debug code went away. I then proceeded to install Windows 7 at which point things went wrong again. As the computer went to reboot for the first time in the installation, the video once again failed to output and the error code A3 displayed again.

Frustrated, I took the same steps that worked previously with the onboard video and tried to enter the bios again. However, this time when I hit delete to enter the bios, the video remained off and the only change is that the A3 code changed to an A6 code. This is probably the most trouble I've ever had with a new build and frankly i'm floored.

Also it probably bears mentioning, as I'm sure this will be a common solution, that I have reset the cmos in every way that it is possible to do so. I've reset it through the jumpers, through the clear cmos button, and taken the cmos battery out for increments of 15minutes, 30 minutes, and 24 hours. Additionally, despite the fact that it seems silly to me, I have unplugged and replugged all connections on the motherboard to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

ASRock Z68 Extreme3
    Intel Core i5-2500K
    OCZ ZT Series 750W
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
    Corsair Force Series 3 120GB
    EVGA GeForce GTX 570

Re: A3 debug code on ASRock Z68 Extreme3

What are your storage types ?. Is it just one ssd?.

If its ssd and hdd disconnect the hdd's and just install on the ssd . (cos if the hdd's are larger in size as they often are,the windows 100mb sys partition will go on the hdd on installation, unless theyve fixed that)

The ide to ahci is.. well a standard thing to do once you get to the uefi before os installation.
    Why even the newest mbrds are supplied with ide as default I dunno.
    Error codes have changrd for me after resetting cmos,with display problems.

Not having on cpu gx Im not sure how that affects things but try what I did/do

Last edited by kick; 01-25-2012, 04:54 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
    X