No announcement yet.

Socket FM1 Liano USB 3.0 (19)pin headers dead (GA-A75-UD4H)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socket FM1 Liano USB 3.0 (19)pin headers dead (GA-A75-UD4H)

MY internal usb 3.0 19 pin headers are not showing up in windows 7 device manager and are DEAD.

my build

Silverston precision PS06b-w mid tower atx case

Motherboard Gigabyte HUDSON D3 GA-A75-UD4H

APU (AMD) Liano A8-3850 2.9 Ghz 4 core

Internal radeon 6550D graphics

OS- windows 7 Home premium retail SP1

HDD>> ( OCZ Vertex 3) 120 GB SSD sata III 6gbs/sec

Power supply OCZ 600 watt bronze modular

PROBLEM<> ISSUES , USB 3.0 internal 19 pin headers are dead

PLEASE HELP, Thank you & Regards, TURBODAVE38

Re: Socket FM1 Liano USB 3.0 (19)pin headers dead (GA-A75-UD4H)

did you turn on usb3 in the bios? and install usb3 drivers?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This come from the chipset? Have you installed chipset latest drivers?

Comment

Please standby, I posted my answer and tweaktown showed a message not responding.

TurboDave

Comment

OK, I have all three usb 3.0 enabled in the bios screen.

THE PROBLEM IS in the A75 FCH (fusion controller hub) it controls the in board dual 19 pin usb 3.0 headers for (4) seperate usb 3.0 Ports.

I did download a 122 mb file from gigabyte, but when I run it, 7win extracts all the files, I am not sure if that is supposed to happen or not, but I do not know which file to try and install .

IF that is even the problem, It is not showing up in windows 7 device manager, the back ports are showing up and working but the AMD controller hub (A75) is not showing up those usb 3.0 ports, like it is not even there, SO do I have a driver problem or a OS problem?

Gigabyte tech help could not find the answer and they kind of gave up on me. Have heard a peep from them in over a day.

Regards, turbodave38

Comment

Sorry, I mean 7-zip file Manager not 7win.

regards, turbodave

Comment

is there an .exe file in the files you extracted? if so try double clicking it and it might install them for you
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                is there an .exe file in the files you extracted? if so try double clicking it and it might install them for you
                THERE are several .exe files, I do not know which one , I know one of the is a Radeon catalyst and another one is raid controller, the 7zip really does not give enough information about the file and they are hundreds of files in my 7 zip folder, I have to start the program and if I find that I got the wrong file I then Cancel the process? IS there another Zip file program better than 7Zip that give more information?

I know that the Radeon program is a rolled back driver, I am not on Version 12.1 Catalyst software suite.

There is nothing about my problem anywhere on the net for this motherboard and the usb 3.0 failure. I do here some Chatter about that it could be Micorsoft and I may have to wait for Service pack 2 to come out.

Thank you for your suggestions, Regards, turbodave38

Comment

TYPO , I AM Currently on NEWEST version 12.1 Catalyst Software Suite

turbodave38

Comment

PROBLEM FIXED , IT WAS THE CATALYST SOFTWARE ALL ALONG, I have been choosing the Custom install INSTEAD of the EXPRESS install, THIS CAUSED THE AMD USB 3.0 drivers not to be installed, NOW ALL IS WELL BUT I DID GET A BLUE SCREEN CRASH, BUT I AM RECOVERD FULLY and all systems go.

I actually watch the software indicate that it was installing USB 3.0 and from then on I new THAT I had found the problem, now it I can only figure out this darn 7zip file manager.

Thanks everyone for your advice, IT was a NO DRIVER INSTALED PROBLEM after all, Just hard to know where to look, Now I know it is in the AMD Catalyst software.

Regards, turbodave, and Happy Superbowl 46

Comment

Originally posted by turbodave38 View Post
                      I did download a 122 mb file from gigabyte, but when I run it, 7win extracts all the files, I am not sure if that is supposed to happen or not, but I do not know which file to try and install .
                      Just run the installer(setup/asetup go figure) in SBDrv

Comment

Originally posted by turbodave38 View Post
                        PROBLEM FIXED , IT WAS THE CATALYST SOFTWARE ALL ALONG, I have been choosing the Custom install INSTEAD of the EXPRESS install, THIS CAUSED THE AMD USB 3.0 drivers not to be installed, NOW ALL IS WELL BUT I DID GET A BLUE SCREEN CRASH, BUT I AM RECOVERD FULLY and all systems go.

I actually watch the software indicate that it was installing USB 3.0 and from then on I new THAT I had found the problem, now it I can only figure out this darn 7zip file manager.

Thanks everyone for your advice, IT was a NO DRIVER INSTALED PROBLEM after all, Just hard to know where to look, Now I know it is in the AMD Catalyst software.

Regards, turbodave, and Happy Superbowl 46
                        Nice to see you got this sorted out!! Can you please let us know for future reference, and because I always use custom too, does the USB 3.0 driver show up or not in the check/uncheck list of the custom menu?

Comment

Working...
                        X