*Help With* Intel i9 Q3FE Gulfy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Help With* Intel i9 Q3FE Gulfy

Firstly would like to thank all of you guys for making this forum such a valuable resource & great way to bring folks who love this technology together. Long time lurker, new member, looking forward to earning a place among yall = )

Recently a power outage swiftly claimed the life of my Q9550, a chip I loved very much. A friend who's in the industry had an old Gulfy ES lying around and kindly volunteered it as donation towards a new build. It's a Q3FE A4 chip, with the stock 2.4ghz core speed. Took to picking up an evga classy 3 e770 & threw everything together in about a week. After a couple days of troubleshooting & some odd mobo issues, it seems things are finally stable. It's currently running at retail 3.3ghz speeds with 1.092 vcore, 1.1v qpi & 1.5v pll. My knowledge on the x58 platform, the classy boards, engineering samples & the like is very limited. Hoping you guys may be able to offer any & all advice/tips as to how I might make this system better & keep the Gulfy from biting the dust like so many other i9 ES's. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by why_sleep; 02-09-2012, 01:26 AM.
Working...
X