X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bios problem.

Hello there,

I'm running with a SB 2700K on my ASRock Z68 Extreme4

I've been looking around in the bios on my ASRock Z68 Extreme4, and I know that there should be a feature called "Power Saving Mode"
    when running a SB, it should be under the "Voltage Control" tab.

My problem is that I don't have this setting in my bios.

I'm running with the updated bios (1.70)

Any suggestions?
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Bios 1.70.
    Intel Core I7 2700K - 4,5 GHz - Noctua NH-C14 cooler.
    16GB Corsair Vengeance - 1600MHz
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 TiSO
    Corsasir VX550W
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bios problem.

Control panel hardware and sound power options. I use to have that in bios until I went crossfire. big yellow circle with power saving on it
    INTEL|CORE I7 2600K 3.4G 8M __ XIGMATEK|GAIA SD1283 cpu cooler
    ASROCK|Z68 EXTREME4 Z68 ~ Bios: 1.7
    2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH CL 7-8-7-24-2N 1.6V
    MSI|R6970-2PM2D2GD5 HD6970 2GB.x2 ______Acer H233H monitor [1920x1080]
    THORTECH|1000W TTBK00G ____ .Altec 5-1 speakers
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb___ .win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    Samsung Hd 1035j 932GB Data) ~~ Creative Xfi-Ti
    WD 5000AAKS 476GB(data) G700 mouse
    Apex Steel series Keyboard
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Wolf Claw M# DK-2388U
    Cisco ra2700

Comment

Originally posted by rockyg66 View Post
      Control panel hardware and sound power options. I use to have that in bios until I went crossfire. big yellow circle with power saving on it
      Hi thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, there's no big yellow button as you said.

And I still haven't found any solution to this issue.

Any other suggestions?
      Corsasir VX550W
      Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

You dont mean IES in the axtu tuning utility in windows?
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Nope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Help.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	751908

I'm missing the highlighted feature.

My CPU keeps downclocking, which means i can't test if my OC is stable. As it drops down while running prime95.
          Last edited by casp1887; 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM.
          Corsasir VX550W
          Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

Sorry was actually thinking more in terms of the previous poster and the yellow button.
            My bios wouldnt be exactly the same as yours.

What I can tell you is for my own overclocking initailly. my cpu allways dropped speed on testing . This was due to a number of factors including insufficient power allowance etc.

what you need to do is use the ezclock speeds, they wont "throttle back under load".. like pick one higher than standard speed.then go into windows start up axtu and see what voltage and offset voltage is applied.
            Then reboot, go back into bios and you will find a lot of the cpu power allowances/voltages etc are labelled as auto still but if you click on them they will show an increased allowance over the intial auto settings.
            you can write down the values.

Go thru all the ezclock speeds that the cpu will boot at like 4.0 4.2.4.4 etc and you can make your own written table of the different values the board applies for each setting.

Its time consuming and the values are averaged but you should end up with a lot of values you can try for your own overclock settings.
            nb I found it best to start off at default values.. no overclock and see what all the the settings were then .. then start going thru ezclock speeds and see how they changed.
            Last edited by kick; 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM.
            Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
            Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
            Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
            8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
            60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
            GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
            Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

Comment

I still miss the feature though, which would make it much easier
              Corsasir VX550W
              Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

It could be.,just a guess, that the feature is only there when you reset uefi to defaults.(there should be an option in uefi. to answer all questions yes, or something like that)
                It might just disappear when you do any overclocking at all. Some of my bios features do, or conversely wont be there unless I set manual overclocking.
                Current Systems:

Comment

That shouldn't be the problem as I had the same problem with the 1.60 bios.

Before I posted here I updated my bios with Instant Flash to 1.70 and that resets all the current settings. So that shouldn't be causing the problem.
                  Corsasir VX550W
                  Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

1. on post go into uefi
                    2, go to overclock tweaker.

3,on optimised cpu overclock, the very first entry. select default

4.The power saving option will now be visible.

If you select anything other than default, it wont be visible.

plz respond.
                    Last edited by kick; 02-10-2012, 07:40 PM.
                    Current Systems:

Comment

Originally posted by kick View Post
                      1. on post go into uefi
                      2, go to overclock tweaker.

3,on optimised cpu overclock, the very first entry. select default

4.The power saving option will now be visible.

If you select anything other than default, it wont be visible.

plz respond.
                      I've tried what you said. And yet no feature.

I also tried to load default UEFI settings. Same result, I'm still missing the feature.
                      Corsasir VX550W
                      Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

Perhaps it needs a cmos clear .or it just isnt there.
                        Either way since your not running it unclocked or as a non k cpu you wont get power saving mode anyway, its automatically disabled.

Check my bios ss. optimised cpu overclock box isnt in the ss but its set to default, not saved as default just default is selected to open the other default options.
                        dont worry about the cpu voltage thats just a post V

Other boxes that appear when you select default are cpu multiplier(on auto) , and intel turbo technology(on enable) but u can change it to disable.
                        Obviously if your overclocking u want turbo enabled so that box will disappear. If you set the cpu multiplier on other than auto the power saving mode will probably disappear also.

Just as an aside and maybe you do this anyway but its allways a good idea to reset bios(uefi) back to defaults before you reflash.
                        Even the fact that going to defaults will set storage to IDE wont matter cos your not going into windows to flash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	defbio.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	751913
                        Last edited by kick; 02-11-2012, 04:07 PM.
                        Current Systems:

Comment

As I said, I don't even have the feature at default UEFI settings.

Just as an aside and maybe you do this anyway but its allways a good idea to reset bios(uefi) back to defaults before you reflash.
                          Even the fact that going to defaults will set storage to IDE wont matter cos your not going into windows to flash.

To that question, yes I do always load the default before flashing.
                          Corsasir VX550W
                          Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

you should load optimised defaults after flashing bios its easier,then just re enter your bios settings,looked in cpu features? maybe you have to enable eist c1e c3/c6 ect to unlock the power saving mode option?
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                              you should load optimised defaults after flashing bios its easier,then just re enter your bios settings,looked in cpu features? maybe you have to enable eist c1e c3/c6 ect to unlock the power saving mode option?
                              They are enabled as default
                              Corsasir VX550W
                              Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

Working...
                              X