No announcement yet.

890fx deluxe4 fx4100 + 1.5 bios = no video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 890fx deluxe4 fx4100 + 1.5 bios = no video?

I purchased the 890fx deluxe 4 and an fx4100 from newegg and I wasnt sure about the bios v that would come with it. Turns out it came with 1.5 and my cpu isnt supported. My question is if the cpu isnt supported will I not get any video signal and a constant code 00? Not sure if the board is broken or if thats just how it goes.

Ive heard of other people using their fx chips in boards that werent supported and they were still able to update their bios with it and get it running at full speed.

Mine acts like everything is okay I just dont get any video signal. I don't have another machine to test the video card and Id have to spend my money and week or two of waiting for a bios update from asrock just to find out it was my video card the whole time.

Hardware I was working with:

CPU: AMD FX 4100
    MotherBoard: ASrock 890FX Deluxe 4
    RAM: GSkill DDR3 1333 10666 2x2 model number: F3-10666-CL9D-4GBXL (Not listed on compatible RAM but identical as listed RAM)
    Video Card: Sapphire HD 6870 1gb
    HDD: Ide and sata WD 7200 rpm (no video signal so this doesnt matter)
    Optical: IDE optical

Any help getting this rig working would be grrrrrreat. I bought it to play some new games and it's just sitting there. Although it looked pretty with the red led fans i purchased with it. :P

Re: 890fx deluxe4 fx4100 + 1.5 bios = no video?

...really?

Comment

Re: 890fx deluxe4 fx4100 + 1.5 bios = no video?

According to the CPU/BIOS list you definitely need the 1.60 version. Some people temporarily install an older CPU (the cheapest one to buy or maybe you can just lend one) and after startup flash the BIOS (instant flash with UEFI types). I advise you not to go higher than 1.60, as of 1.70/1.80 my own Deluxe 5 board loses his PS2 ports and behaves strangely for IDE-interfaces. So whether the videocard is at fault is not relevant, while the CPU-type is..

Best of luck for finding a simple processor (check the ASRock list before)

Comment

Working...
      X