ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Does not detect Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Does not detect Video Card

I have what seems to be a common problem, but despite being common I can't seem to find a solution.

My PCI-E video card is not detected. The computer runs fine on the integrated graphics, but will not detect the video card. BIOS is set to have PCI-E as the primary video device. There seems to be no way to actually disable the integrated graphics. I've tried putting the card in the other PCI-E slot, but all to no avail. I've even [the-thing-that-must-not-be-mentioned]'ed the video card, thinking that was the problem, but the new one doesn't work either.

What can I do to get this to work?

I've also heard rumors of a custom bios solution, though I haven't actually seen any evidence besides the rumors.

Thanks for the help.

Specs:
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    EVGA GTX 570
    Intel Core i5 2400S
    Crucial m4 SSD
    Crucial 4 x 4GB DDR3 RAM
    Last edited by fusama; 02-16-2012, 06:12 PM.

Re: ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Does not detect Video Card

I share your pain. I requested a custom BIOS in hopes of having my video card recognized in either of the pcie slots, and received a reply that the board had been tested with my particular card and should work... but it didn't. But this is what happened:

I inserted two video cards in at the same time (no crossfire bridge), plugged the power leads into both... and the card in pcie slot #2 immediately sent a video signal to the monitor. The card in slot #4 is still not detected or working, but is necessary to remain in the slot for the other card to function. So, for now, I'm wasting one video card in slot #4 just for the purpose of having the card in slot #2 function.

Is it a BIOS bug, or a bad mobo? I don't care really because I'm expecting a new MOBO (from a different mfgr) in a few days. Doubt that I'll ever try another ASRock product.

Comment

Working...
    X