Slow internet connection on brand new Asrock X58 Extreme3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow internet connection on brand new Asrock X58 Extreme3

So, I just bought this new Asrock X58 Extreme3 and installed it.

Everything works fine, I've updated the BIOS aswell - but - my internet is really slow.

I download with 25 kb/s where I used to download with 8 mb/s on my old motherboard (Intel DX58OG)

I have 50mb/s into my apartment.

Could be a driver? But into device management I see that the network card is updated.

In case it is a driver, where do I find it? I think asrock's website are kinda confusing..

Help please!

Re: Slow internet connection on brand new Asrock X58 Extreme3

Here is the latest Driver from AsRock, these are for Windows 7, if you need other let me know

32 bit
    ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/Intel/LA...Win7(7006).zip

x64
    ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/Intel/LA...Win7(7006).zip

And here is the actual latest driver from Realtek (I use and suggest these) (You want - Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1483418))
    Realtek

Also be sure you have installed the latest Intel INF drivers, you can get those here (You want the EXE - first link)
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I've installed the LAN driver and the INF drivers.

Havnt installed the Realtek yet, will do in a moment - but I guess that dosnt solve the connection issue.

Comment

Also,

I have my OS installed onto a SSD drive, while having larger files on my HDD.

In the BIOS, i see both the SSD and the HDD.

But in "My Computer", I only see the SSD.

Now whats wrong? :(

Comment

Realtek drivers should help, so be sure to install them

As for your HDD, it sounds like you need to go into disk management and assign a letter to the drive. Search the start menu for diskmgmt.msc, or type that in the run box, then right click the drive in question and choose change drive letter and paths and from there assign a letter for the drive and then it will show up in your My Computer

Comment

Working...
          X