sp1 setup cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sp1 setup cancelled

i get a sp1 setup cancelled while trying to upgrade to sp1 any ideas?

it first unpack the files to a temp dir and right before the install starts i get that error
    windows service pack 1 cancelled

any help greatly aprreciated thanks

do you have a hacked version of xp?

Comment

i am having the same error. Xp unpacks it files. When the install starts it just quits and says "Service Pack 1 Setup Error : Service Pack Setup Cancelled".

This is what it said in the log file.

InstallFromFunction call in inf section "BuildType.DirId" failed.

any ideas what would be causing the error.

Comment

maybe this will help you

as far as I know this only works on the pro edition, if can't get this to work and you need the sp1, try downloading the pro corperate edition from kazaa but keep cd key changer program, this will allow you to upgrade to sp1

Comment

any idea why i don't get the telephone screen after using the program gomerpky was so kind to leave us here ??? I was able to get a new key But thats it .The next screen didn't come up so i wasn't able to change my key . I have been doing some reading on the forums and there is a topic about changing the registy where you need to change a digit but i'am really not sure how thats done ,i did find the key in the reg but wasn't sure what to change it too it was something like ff ff ff ff ff ff ??? and help would be great

Comment

Does SP1 do anything specific to help in gaming?

Any one know the benefits of gettting SP1?

My system seems fine with no problems that I notice.

Comment

if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But there are a few bugs that'll you need to fix via update if you don't use sp1...

Comment

Working...
              X