Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 or wait for Z77 Motherboard

Hello All,

I would appreciate your advice on whether to purchase a Z68 MB or wait for the Z77 which is due to be launched later on this year?

Thanks in advance,

Teknology9

Re: Z68 or wait for Z77 Motherboard

I think Z77 will be out in 1-2 months or less, so I'd say wait a little bit longer if you are thinking Z77 and already have a setup you can use in the meantime.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply. The reason I asked the question was because a number of Z68 MB's are Gen3, but as I understand the Z77 MB's will have a new features. The next decsion will be to buy Asus, Gigabyte, MSi etc, but I suppose the reviews will help to decide that one.

Thanks,

Teknology9

Comment

Yes, Z77 will have all new features that will be better, so it's definitely worth waiting for if you can handle the wait.

Comment

Hi,

Yes I can wait and I'll look forward to another system build.

Teknology9

Comment

it'll be worth the wait, and it shouldn't be too long now either, so start thinking about it all now and soon you'll be putting it together

Comment

Ok Lsdmeasap, I start picking some components now......one of the best parts of a new build.

Thanks,

teknology9

Comment

lets hope intel doesnt hiccup on the chipsets like they did with p67,should be fine though and hurry up and bring on raid 0 trim!!!!!
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi All,

I have a Noctua DH-14 CPU cooler as it is quite sizeable can anybody recommend some 16GB RAM @ 21300? Please note RAM is for Z77 build.

I have found these:

Corsair Dominator - is the warranty void if the heatsinks are removed?

G.Skill - Ares - Cant find any in the UK as of yet.

Mushkin - Blackline

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

teknology9
                  Last edited by teknology9; 02-27-2012, 08:50 AM. Reason: addtional information

Comment

Corsair Dominator warranty is void if your remove the heatsinks, and the memory will be void itself too because the IC's will pull right off with the heatsink (Unless you freeze with Ln2) No need to remove them anyway, they publish IC info if that is what you were after.

Not sure on the G.Skill Ares, haven't heard much about those yet except paper release. Mushkins will be good of course

But model matters, and that applies to any of the brands you mentioned, you'll need to tell us the models you are thinking about if you are unsure which are best.

Comment

Hi,

Corsair - CMT16GX3M4X2133C9

Mushkin - Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model 994015
                      Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model 997015

Ideally a low profile kit is prefered but please feel free to suggest other kits.

Thanks,

teknology9

Comment

Working...
                      X