Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P43 Twins 1600 - anyone using an SSD with this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P43 Twins 1600 - anyone using an SSD with this board?

I spent the better part of this past weekend trying to install a 40GB Intel 320 series SSD in my Asrock P43 Twins 1600, without success. Was wondering if anyone is successfully using an SSD with this board. A bit of background on the issues I encountered:

The install will go as far as 'Completing Installation' before the screen goes blank, the computer restarts, makes another attempt to complete the install, with the screen eventually going blank again (monitor indicator turns amber, system non-engaged)

I've done an extensive amount of Googling, and used the SSD installation guide from sevenforums - SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums(specifically, routine #4)

And here are my Bios settings entered prior to OS installation - http://i.imgur.com/GDUvI.jpg

My hardware specs:

Intel Q6600
    Asrock Twins P43 1600
    8GB (4GBx2) Corsair XMS DDR3 1333
    40GB Intel 320 Series SSD
    ATi Radeon 4850
    Corsair TX 750W power supply
    8x LG BD/DVD -RW
    [no other hard drives connected during installation]

(Swapping out the 40GB SSD for a 1TB Western Digital yields a successful Windows 7 x64 installation. The SSD was not connected to the computer during that installation)

I even installed the Intel ACHI drivers from Asrock prior to the installation just to see if the ACHI drivers Microsoft includes were bad, and still no luck.

ideas?
Working...
X