Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Onboard Soundcard Can't Be Detected

Dear Asrock,

I am a customer of Asrock Motherboard H61M / U3S3. I use Windows XP SP3. I have installed all of the drivers in motherboard bonus CD, such Onboard VGA, INF Driver, Management Engine driver, Onboard Audio drivers, etc. And in BIOS setup, I have set Enabled the Onboard HD Audio. My BIOS version is P.1.60. And the audio driver I use is RealTek HD (High Definition) Audio Driver (3.14) R2.55, and it has been installed succesfully.

But I still can not play any music, since the onboard soundcard in motherboard, can not be detected. Here what I found using Dx-Diag and Device Manager in Windows.

Here the conclusion is no soundcard detected in my system, hence the audio devices also doesn't exist too.

My question is, how to enable AsRock onboard soundcard in my computer system?

I have read the FAQs in ASRock > Support > FAQ

and I still don't get it, about the tutorial here:

If you use AC'97 front audio panel, please install it to the HD audio header as below:
    A. Connect Mic_IN (MIC) to MIC2_L.
    B. Connect Audio_R (RIN) to OUT2_R and Audio_L (LIN) to OUT2_L.
    C. Connect Ground (GND) to Ground (GND).
    D. MIC_RET and OUT_RET are for HD audio panel only. You don't need to connect them for AC'97 audio panel.
    E. Enter BIOS Setup Utility. Enter Advanced Settings, and then select
    Chipset Configuration. Set the Front Panel Control option from [Auto] to [Enabled].

Because the motherboard manual book says, they are not jumper.

Please tell me, if you have any solutions to my problem. And if you do have any picture to explain the solution, please to send the picture too to my email using attachment.

You can mail me at my email: [email protected]. Thanks you very much.

Best regard,

Eka Dharma,
    Indonesia.

Re: My Onboard Soundcard Can't Be Detected

Do you have the onboard audio enabled in the BIOS? I'm not sure what it's called on your BIOS, so you'll have to look around in the BIOS. In Gigabyte BIOSes, the Realtek audio setting is called Azalia and it needs to be enabled for the audio to work

Comment

Dear iameka,

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
      1. Load BIOS default settings to try.
      2. Install the audio driver from below link to try.
      Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > H61M/U3S3 > Download

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
      Thank you!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
        Dear iameka,

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
        1. Load BIOS default settings to try.
        2. Install the audio driver from below link to try.
        Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > H61M/U3S3 > Download

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
        Thank you!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily
        Dear Asrock,

I have downloaded the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:R2.55, and I have installed it. After that, I restarted my system, and went to BIOS. I have checked the Onboard Soundcard and Onboard HD Audio, all are in Enabled setting. Except my Front Panel Audio that is in Auto state, because there is no Enabled option for it.

And still, my audio device (the onboard soundcard) can not be detected. By via Jet Audio Extension program, DxDiag, or Windows Device Manager.

Could you please give me a solution to my problem?

Thank you.

Comment

Btw, my computer system is:

Motherboard AsRock H61M U3S3.
          Processor Intel Core I5 2400
          Harddisk WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 16 MB cache
          Memori GGkill 8 GBNT DDR3 10666 (2 x 4 GB)
          VGA and Souncard OnBoard

My processor temperature is only 38 degree celcius, my harddisk temperature is 35 degree celcius, and my motherboard temperature 37 degree celcius. I do NO overclock at all.

I use Windows XP SP (service pack) 3. Does it because High Definition Audio needs Windows 7, Vista, or Windows 8, hence my onboard soundcard can not be detected? Should I use some of Microsoft Audio Fit It, so my Windows XP can be used for High Definition Audio Device? And if it so, do you have the link to the plugs in, or Microsoft Fix It software, to fix my audio problem?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X