AD2700B-ITX compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD2700B-ITX compatibility

Sorry if I maybe miss answer, but I looked through forum and found nothing.
    Situation - AD2700B-ITX motherboard. I tried several relatively old PCI cards, and they did not worked. Is it motherboard issue and I should replace it with another one, or chipset and hardware incompatible with older PCI cards?
    Cards I tried:
    ESI Juli@, M-Audio Audiophile 192 - cards are visible, drivers were set up, but they did not function.
    Soundblaster Audigy, BeholdTV M6 Extra - they are not visible to system at all.

OS - Windows 7 32 ultimate. I tried to turn off all integrated devices with no success.

Any suggestions appreciated.

P.S. Motherboard built on NM 10 Express chipset, maybe it's vital for fast diagnosis.
    Last edited by cookierama; 03-26-2012, 02:56 PM.

Re: AD2700B-ITX compatibility

Dear cookierama,

We test Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCI sound card with AD2700B-ITX, the sound card works well.

For M-Audio Audiophile 192 sound card, please kindly check whether the driver for Windows 7 is correct.
    If possible, please kindly try the card to another Windows 7 system to check whether the card works normally.

For Soundblaster Audigy, BeholdTV M6 Extra card, please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Load BIOS default settings to try.
    2. Re-install the cards and check the card is installed correctly.
    3. If possible, please test the cards to another system to check these cards are fine.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Comment

Thanks for detailed answer.

All cards are known to be worked fine in another computers for sure, with same drivers (and drivers setup procedure). I'll try to load BIOS default settings and reinstall SB Audigy (as it's known to be worked in AD2700B-ITX according to your message), and, if this would not help - it seems that motherboard is not working properly.

Comment

Dear cookierama,

Thanks for your testing and reply.

I suggest you could contact your local dealer to check your system first.

Thank you!!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

Contacting local dealer with such question will surely lead they send motherboard to testing center for about 30 days, so the best way is to figure out by yourself is such behaviour is a bug or feature.

FYI: I tried suggested steps with no success, so I'll try to get another AD2700B-ITX instead of this one, as this particular item seems to have a defect.
          Last edited by cookierama; 03-28-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

If anybody else interested (and to make happy-end story) - I've got replacement and it works perfectly!

Comment

Working...
            X