Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help for amd user

hello to all! hello from a french user

I have a gigabyte motherboard GA-990XA-UD3 and AMD PHENOM II is my first Gigabyte motherboard brand I hope not regretter .I like to find a version of bios modding makes me to get the possibility of to use the load line calibration. I tested on the official website the different version but without success. I would set my overclock fine thank you to the users and modder who will want to help me sorry for my poor english

Re: Little help for amd user

Maybe someone else who knows better could correct me but I believe LLC (Load Line Calibration) is a Intel only thing. Also this is something that the avg bios modder could not do him self.

If your problem is that underload voltage is dropping to much, the only fix is to add a tad bit more to compensate. Also Please make sure you are using the latest bios available.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Hello Ace thank you for quick response

no the load line calibration is not reserved only for intel motherboards and yes thank goodness I tried different bios I repeat I just want to have a modified bios which gives me access to this function. Another brand msi, Asus etc. give this opportunity for their series of 990 chipset motherboard it's present in the bios of my motherboard I tested the bios with modbin version i show him in the bios and too bad modbin is too old for new bios gigabyte I corrupts my backup bios so I can not flash under penalty of all planted.

Comment

I suppose LLC can be made to amd as well but it will need some hard mod can't enable it in BIOS if hardware dows not support it.
        Maybe Ctel+F10 at main BIOS screen will reveal some new options.
        Asus implements offest vcore which I assume is equivalent to DVID, I wonder why GIGABYTE doesn't.

Comment

I see it set as active and set to auto in awdbedit, with options of regular, medium, high, ultra high, extreme.

Did you try Control + F1 hotkey as Chike mentioned on the main page to enable hidden settings? If not, try that, on the MAIN BIOS page press Control + F1 and the screen will flash, then look in all new sections you see and or in all old sections and see if you find LLC showing.

Comment

HI ALL
            Thank you for the answer to my message
            then yes I tried the manip Ctrl + F1 in the main bios: o) I knew the manip
            available only two parameters 1) PCI Express settings 2) sb spread sprectum:

I test my bios with 1.0 awdbedit I search on the net and I find that this version makes me error messages when I open the bios this version is not compatible with the recent bios for my motherboard. You must use a special version . I try different version of modbin and I manage to open the rom bios and I see the load line parameters qualibration but I Repeat coromp it my rom when I try to save

I'm disappointed for my first Gigabyte motherboard brand I wanted to try the experience gigabyte everyone said that it was the best brand for overclocking bios and have access to unleash on this one I'm the skeptical.
            MSI, Asrock, Asus etc. .... gives access to this feature sorry for my pore english
            Last edited by G32; 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I have looked at MSI and ASUS and didn't see that feature in the manual, ASUS do have offset vcore though. The ASRock board does have LLC option but I haven't seen vcore option at all.

Does having LLC is what make a good OCer board? I don't think so, and it is really needed when you are on the edge of max vcore IMO.

Comment

Could be CPU as I mentioned in PM, maybe not all CPU's support this feature?

I see it in the BIOS, and active and enabled, so that's why I think it might only work and be visible with certain CPU's (Like XMP is only visible if supported). Do you know anyone with your same CPU that says this works for them on another board?

Comment

Working...
                X