Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a noisy H80 or H100 cooler on ther cpu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a noisy H80 or H100 cooler on ther cpu?

Ive just applied the diode fix to my h80 cooler, works a treat, i can here my hdd again lol, that how noisy it was, anyway, i have 9 spare diodes if anyone wants one, let me know ill post it to you.You can get the instructions of youtube, just search for h100 noise fix.Noim not charging, ill pay for stamp envelope.Seems a waist to leave lyin around when it could help other people.Can only post in UK though, so sorry.
    Last edited by boe323; 05-06-2012, 03:53 PM.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Re: Anyone got a noisy H80 or H100 cooler on ther cpu?

Thanks for posting your fix. I have a H100 still in the box so not sure I have a problem or not, not to mention I live across the pond.

Comment

Thanks,but i cant take credit for this fix, I found the instructions on YouTube, I just have some spare diodes as it was a pack of 10, as long as the pump rattle is due to the speed then it will work,sorry i cant post out of UK ,it just wouldnt be worth it,I would have to pay to much I think.

Comment

NP just saying I appreciate you posting a fix if peeps have a pump noise problem and want to persue it.

Comment

What does the diode do? Help regulate the speed, I'm guessing.
          Mine was pretty noisy at first. Then stopped a little while. Then got noisy again. Wasn't any noiser than some fans I have, but with the fans that come with the H100 all of it together can get loud.
          But I RMA'd back to Newegg because the fan controller didn't work at all, always a constant speed except when booting it would run wide open for a few seconds. When I told Corsair the problem they immediately issued an RMA, which is good, but I decided to get my money back and get the XSPC kit instead.
          For an all in one kit the H100 is actually pretty decent.
          Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
          Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
          PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
          Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
          Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
          HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
          SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

I think he might be referring to using a magnet or at least thats the youtube video I saw either the OP or someone else posted. Its possible the the magnet is pulling the impeller up a few mm to stop the noise.
            Main Rig
            Gigabyte z87x-OC
            Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
            G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
            Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
            Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
            HiS ATI HD 6950
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
            Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
            Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
            Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
            EK Supremacy Cpu Block
            Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
            Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

There seem to be some on again/off again issues with the pump/controller. Some simple ones require resetting the firmware, which is only for the controller lights I think. They had a "bad" batch last year with problems.
              The good thing is Corsair seems to be good with RMA's. But you still have to pay to ship it to them.
              PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
              Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

Comment

thanx for the info btw bro :)
                might come in handy sum day :)

just Sam.............

Comment

Go to youtube and type this on search bar, h100 noise fix, its usually the first vid in the list, if your noise problem is the same as on the video it will work, yes it slows the rpms from 2100 to around 1900, and ive found it more efficient to be honest, i never expected it, but slowing the pump as knocked around 2 degrees off the temp, i imagine its because the water as got a better chance of cooling in the radiator, but that means it will stay in the pump longer also,but doesnt seem to matter, its working better for me, which is amazing, i got rid of the noise and 2 degrees lol, the diode is i think, a zener diode, heres some info , Fixed Voltages,. Wow, i cant post a link, youll have to figure it out lol. Yes there is a magnet fix also, but you need to strip your pump, and not sure if that is related to the fan speed or not, but most likely is.I suppose you could alway tape the magnet to the outside but then it will look terrible.
                  Last edited by boe323; 05-07-2012, 06:26 AM.

Comment

RMA'ING gets you another noisey pump, i would say at least 70% of them are noisey due to the speed there running at, the ideal drop speed would be the same rpms as the h70 wich is 2040 but 1900 rpms isnt much difference, but it noise wise.
                    Originally posted by boondocks View Post
                    What does the diode do? Help regulate the speed, I'm guessing.
                    Mine was pretty noisy at first. Then stopped a little while. Then got noisy again. Wasn't any noiser than some fans I have, but with the fans that come with the H100 all of it together can get loud.
                    But I RMA'd back to Newegg because the fan controller didn't work at all, always a constant speed except when booting it would run wide open for a few seconds. When I told Corsair the problem they immediately issued an RMA, which is good, but I decided to get my money back and get the XSPC kit instead.
                    For an all in one kit the H100 is actually pretty decent.
                    Last edited by boe323; 05-07-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
                      Go to youtube and type this on search bar, h100 noise fix, its usually the first vid in the list, if your noise problem is the same as on the video it will work, yes it slows the rpms from 2100 to around 1900, and ive found it more efficient to be honest, i never expected it, but slowing the pump as knocked around 2 degrees off the temp, i imagine its because the water as got a better chance of cooling in the radiator, but that means it will stay in the pump longer also,but doesnt seem to matter, its working better for me, which is amazing, i got rid of the noise and 2 degrees lol, the diode is i think, a zener diode, heres some info , Fixed Voltages,. Wow, i cant post a link, youll have to figure it out lol. Yes there is a magnet fix also, but you need to strip your pump, and not sure if that is related to the fan speed or not, but most likely is.I suppose you could alway tape the magnet to the outside but then it will look terrible.
                      OK, thanks. Then it works the way I thought it did. I'm far from an expert on water cooling but what you're saying could make sense for some setups, even a custom loop, (slowing down the pump).
                      I like the diode fix better than resistor or magnet.

Comment

Also, dont follow cosairs instructions and use the pumps fan headers, get a pwm splitter, and put your own purchased pwm fans on the cpu header where they belong, you can put the pumps monitor wire on any fan header thats got a monitor.The cosair thermal controll is very bad ,(well mine is anyway) it will spin the fans to full speed when switching on, and for no reason at all will randomly spin up the fans to full speed when its not needed, i think its stupid anyway and its just another way of taking your money, its totally not needed, you board does a much better job, and corsair should scrap this design or at least give people the option of 2 types of unit.

Comment

Also, dont follow cosairs instructions and use the pumps fan headers, get a pwm splitter, and put your own purchased pwm fans on the cpu header where they belong, you can put the pumps monitor wire on any fan header thats got a monitor.The cosair thermal controll is very bad ,(well mine is anyway) it will spin the fans to full speed when switching on, and for no reason at all will randomly spin up the fans to full speed when its not needed, i think its stupid anyway and its just another way of taking your money, its totally not needed, you board does a much better job, and corsair should scrap this design or at least give people the option of 2 types of unit.
                          Sure, it's probably better to not use their fan control. But since the unit is not working as advertised, and Corsair themselves said so,I took this opportunity to RMA for refund and have ordered XSPC kit, which is more in line with what I wanted to begin with.

Comment

Ah,yes, that's the best fix lol,get refund and go with a different manufactuar, I was going to do this but I'm sorted now and i can live with having not to use there controller lol,so yes,refund the the unit don't get it replaced, there is a lot more sealed water cooling units on the market, my next choice would be intels se!led unit.

Comment

From what I have read on other sites, the ideal water flow rate for most water cooling loops is at about 1.5gpm. I thought the corsairs cooling it had a adjustable water pump?
                              Main Rig
                              Gigabyte z87x-OC
                              Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                              G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                              Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                              Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                              HiS ATI HD 6950
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                              Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                              Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                              Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                              CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                              Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                              EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                              Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                              Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Working...
                              X