Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access Bios in Z68 PRO3 GEN3

Hello all,

New here. Just built a new rig for my friend using a Z68 Pro3 Gen3, everything runs perfect with stock everything, passes y-cruncher and the likes. Only problem is I cannot access the bios, When I click F2 or Del on start up it will just sit there, and when I click Tab to see whats going on it just says something about firmware ME and backup firmware and below it says "Entering Setup..." but just sits there.

Is this an easy fix, known problem or am I first to encounter this? I just want to overclock it slightly for him.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Can't access Bios in Z68 PRO3 GEN3

No suggestions, advice, help? Was told this was the best forum to go to for Asrock help and guidance.

Comment

No suggestions, advice, help? Was told this was the best forum to go to for Asrock help and guidance.
      Does your M/B have latest bios version? If not, try booting and selecting F6 - Instant Flash at startup screen with usb device connected and new bios ROM saved in root directory.
      Hopefully, this will sort your issue.

Comment

Okay found out it was the keyboard not letting it get into the bios. somehow the old Legacy connection keyboard would make it sit at saying entering setup to the bios. used a usb keyboard and it went into bios.

Comment

FWIW, people not able to enter BIOS and using a wireless keyboard make sure USB LEGACY SUPPORT is not disabled. That did it for me.

Comment

Working...
          X