ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 RAID issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 RAID issues

Greetings Tweaktown--first post and I'm already asking for something...

Just put together a new build with a ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 and 2 new Seagate 2tb HDDs and I cannot get RAID 1 to function properly. I initially changed the bios hdd setting to RAID then proceeded to begin the windows 7 64-bit install from the DVD drive. I used the "LOAD DRIVERS" button with a USB stick containing the latest drivers from the Asrock website--but the install could not find any drivers to use. Tried multiple times with the same results. Then i tried a different usb stick with windows 7 32-bit for the install and everything seemed to work without a hitch.

I double checked that the dirvers I downloaded with the 64-bit drivers on the website.

Any suggestions or more info that you need?

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 RAID issues

Got a reply from Asrock suggesting the 32 bit and 64 bit drivers are swapped (in the wrong folders.) It appears to me that there is only one RAID driver on their site which only works for 32 bit installs--can any one point me to the 64 bit driver?

Thanks

Comment

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 RAID issues (Solved)

This is posted in case anyone else expriences the same issues.

The drivers can be found in the AMD folder in the RAID driver download. Not sure why since its a Z77 motherboard--guess they are just misplaced.

Comment

Working...
      X