Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 - Windows 7 64 Bit Locking Up and failing to boot

Hi all,

I've been having issues with Windows 7 locking up and failing to boot. At first, I could get into windows and it would freeze with an error message saying something about processes causing it to stop responding. The mouse wheel would just keep spinning and I couldn't type using the keyboard or even ctrl-alt-del out. I ended up having to hard shut down. When it rebooted, it wouldn't even load Windows and it would just stay stuck on the BIOS screen...I couldn't even F2 into the set-up at this point.

I shut everything down and disconnected the SATA connections (the HDD and the CD/DVD). This time I was able to F2 into setup and checked the settings. I don't overclock and everything was set to default. I hooked the HDD and CD/DVD back up and restarted. I got into Windows Safe Mode. It ran through a driver install and had me restart. When I restarted...Windows came back up and immediately did the freeze thing again. Once again, I had to hard shutdown and it wouldn't go past the BIOS screen or let me into the F2 set-up.

I started up and shut down a few more times trying different sata ports with the HDD and CD/DVD. One time I got it back into safe-mode but most of the time it just stops at the BIOS start screen. I switched the RAM and reseated the video card thinking it might be a hardware issue. I'm all out of ideas now. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ~

MOBO: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3 GHz
    RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws X-series 8GB DDR3 1600 SDRAM
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256 Bit
    PSU: Corsair HX750W ATX12V 2.3
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
    OD: LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive
    HS: Coolermaster V8

Re: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 - Windows 7 64 Bit Locking Up and failing to boot

Did you update the bios lately? Try to decrease RAM speed, it may be temporary help.

Comment

Working...
    X