Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i5 3570K+Asus P8Z77-V Pro Overclocking: please help me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i5 3570K+Asus P8Z77-V Pro Overclocking: please help me...

Hi people. First time poster here. So hello to everyone!

I am referred here from eagle dynamics forum by someone who praised this forum highly. I am a first time overclocker, and need your help...

My situation is as follows. I am trying to overclock i5 3570K to 4.4GHz on Asus P8Z77-V Pro. I am stuck at vcore 1.248V (offset mode, -0.01V, LLC ultra-high), as this is the lowest voltage at which WEI and 3DMark benches run without crashing. Bumping the voltage down by 0.005, I could run games (such as batman ahkam city) and stress test (Prime95 and IBT) fine for as long as I had run them, but not those benches; and I see a lot of WHEA errors (event 19) in the event viewer. Bumping it back, all problems are gone. But apparently this is considered by many to be too high a voltage for such cpu clocks (4.4GHz). And as a byproduct, the core temperature reaches 92 degree under IBT, and 85ish under Prime95. Too high a temperature.

So my question is, is there any way of bumping down the vcore but still being able to run those benches? Now I feel that these benches are more accurate indication of system stability than those stress tests, which will require many hours of running and yet you still cannot be completely sure.

A second question is, is my temperature, that is 92 degrees at full load under IBT, ok? My cooler is Cooler Master TPC 812, which has received many decent reviews. I also had it in push-pull configuration. The idle/normal load temperatures are 35ish and 55ish respectively, which occasionally bumps to 65ish in the latter case. It hits 80- or 90ish only under stress tests.

Things I have tried that didn't work:
    for ocing:
    Bumping up the VCCSA voltage to 1V (default 0.925V): according to some well informed people, this amounts to bumping up VCCIO as well on my mainboard
    Bumping up the RAM voltage to 1.55V (default 1.5V)
    Setting voltage manually and disabling energy saving options

Nothing helped.

I have also tried reseating the cooler and reapplying the paste for a few times. The temperature is virtually unchanged. By the by, both coretemp and realtemp give the same reading of temperatures. So I am convinced that they are pretty accurate, although other softwares (HWMonitor, Asus AI Suite II) give lower readings (from 5 to 20 degrees lower). I can also assure you that the air flow in my case is not bad. I have 2 intake fans and 3 exhaust ones, one of each are very strong. I have done my best to manage the cables.

Please give me suggestions... Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by blackbelter; 05-23-2012, 11:26 PM.

Re: i5 3570K+Asus P8Z77-V Pro Overclocking: please help me...

Offset voltage 0.01 is not that much, your idle temperatures are way too high.
    First thing I would check if the cooler is secured and thermal paste solution. Too much or too little are equally bad.
    For different thermal paste application methods see 80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test | Thermal Interface Material,Thermal Paste,Heatsink Compound,80-Way Thermal Interface Material Best Thermal Paste Heatsink Compound Cooling Performance Comparison Benchmark Tests

Comment

Re: i5 3570K+Asus P8Z77-V Pro Overclocking: please help me...

try to stay under 80-85c max

tried with a lower llc level? maybe on high? and lowest + offset?
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X