• Extreme7 Gen3 - New BIOS Please

v2.10 isn't stable.

Please fix.

Re: Extreme7 Gen3 - New BIOS Please

Computer data:
    Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
    G.Skill Memory 1866 - 16GB
    i7 2600k
    boot windows for SSD Corsair Force 3 - 60GB connected to the controller in AHCI ASMedia
    2x 320Gb in Raid 0 on the Intel.

After changing the BIOS version of 1.30 to 2.10, despite the bios find the SSD controller through ASMedia on for AHCI, boot and be on this controller, the operating system fails to start and reboot continuously.

I believe this version of bios is faulty, because this computer has worked for 7 months before this update without problems. You could fix the problem or provide me with the old bios version, so that I can perform the downgrade of the bios?

I look back. thank you

Comment

Hi filipemichel77

I don't think anyone has been able to flash back to an older BIOS successfuly to get back to a working system. Once the so called new Ivy Bridge and "allegedly" compatible with Sandy Bridge CPU BIOS is flashed to Z68 mobo's it's a no win situation as evidenced by several threads here...Since your rig ran just fine with the 1.30 BIOS your best bet is to order a replacement BIOS chip pre-programmed for the 1.30 BIOS.

The pre-Ivy Bridge BIOS's

The 1.30 BIOS dated 9-29-11 can be d/l from here:

The "Beta" 1.32 BIOS dated 11-25-11 (Improve keyboard and mouse compatibility under BIOS) can be d/l from here

The "BETA" 1.34 BIOS also dated 11-25-11 (Improve keyboard and mouse compatibility under BIOS) can be d/l from here

Bear in mind that the 1.30 is the last "Official" BIOS and the 1.32 & 1.34 are "BETA" *All of these BIOS's are PRE-Ivy Bridge

I tried both the 1.32 and 1.34 BIOS's and found them not as rock solid as the "Official" 1.30

Pity that a board less than a year old has in reality no future BIOS upgrades that are for Sandy Bridge CPU only and DO NOT try to integrate with code for the Ivy Bridge CPU that obviously so far has been poorly coded and poorly supported leaving the enduser holding the bag and having to replace the CMOS chip in order to get back to a working system....

Comment

Going back isn't an option unless you purchase a new BIOS chip.

I'm not interested in going back.

I am interested in ASRock producing a full featured, stable, Ivy Bridge/Sandy Bridge BIOS.

ASRock please give us a status on this happening?

Comment

Working...
        X