Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z68 extreme 4 + Nvidia GTX560 = No visual on monitor

Hi!

Me and my friends we recently set up a new computer and we cannot seem to get any visual from it. We have set up everything right, all the fans span and PC boots up fine, it's just that we don't seem to be able to get any visual from either the gfx-card or the mobos built-in outlet when we boot.

The monitor works just perfectly as we have tested it on another PC as do the cables. It's just seems that we cannot get any boot on screen.

Is it any issue that we can simply solve on our own, could it be BIOS-related or are we only left with RMA?

Anyone here who has had an issue with this combination of hardware?

Thx for any reply..
    Last edited by Nowzar; 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM.

Re: asrock z68 extreme 4 + Nvidia GTX560 = No visual on monitor

Did you try booting with onboard video, no discreet GPU installed? Did you try to reseat your GPU? Any error lights on the board or code displayed (if your board has these features).
    Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    i7-2600k i7-2600k
    G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
    Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
    Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by CRRacer View Post
      Did you try booting with onboard video, no discreet GPU installed? Did you try to reseat your GPU? Any error lights on the board or code displayed (if your board has these features).
      Yes, we removed the Nvidia-card and tried with the onboard video but nothing happened. We have not been able to install anything or change any settings since we aren't getting any visual and thus have not even been able to make it into BIOS...

As for Errorcodes displayed I think my friend in question who built the system told me something about that the mobo at the bottom showed 55, but I just assumed that it was the temp. Could that have been an error msg of any sort?

Comment

You could try downloading the manual ASRock > Products > Motherboard Series, they offer and extreme 4 and a extreme 4 Gen 3. Just reading reviews I've seen that code 55 being referred to from memory error, to CPU.

Recommendations that I have seen have ranged from inserting just one memory chip in the A2 slot, if that works, then add another to the B2 slot (this gives dual channel support).

If it acutally refers to the CPU it's been recommended to pull the CPU and check the pins to make sure none are bent, if they are, it will be claimed as user fault.

If it were me, I'd start with the basics, removing the video card, and only installing one memory stick. If this doesn't get you any visuals and you still see 55, you should probably call ASRock for further assistance.
        Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
        i7-2600k i7-2600k
        G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
        Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
        EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
        Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
        Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X