No announcement yet.

RAID 0 in Asrock B75 Pro3. Impossible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID 0 in Asrock B75 Pro3. Impossible?

Hi all.

Recently i have bought an Asrock B75 Pro3 motherboard and i'd like to create a RAID 0 with two hard disk drives. Previously i had a Gigabyte whose BIOS gave me the chance to configure the hard disk driver in RAID mode, but the actual Asrock with its UEFI does not give me that choice, only AHCI or IDE.

Is there any way to create a RAID 0 before installing Windows 7 in this motherboard? It would be great if someone could help me with this matter.

Thanks and regards

Re: RAID 0 in Asrock B75 Pro3. Impossible?

Hello,

It seems like the Intel B75 chipset does not support RAID. Here is a nice overview of specs of different Intel 7-Series chipsets:
    Intel Z77 'Panther Point' Chipset Overview > Z77, Z75, H77, and more - TechSpot Guides

Intel's own page for B75 suggests it supports RAID:

There is a mysterious footnote without any further explanation. I cannot find any motherboard with B75 chipset which supports RAID, including Intel's own DB75EN. So my guess is that Intel's info is not correct or not clear, and that RAID is not supported on B75.

Comment

Re: RAID 0 in Asrock B75 Pro3. Impossible?

Hi Hades.

Thanks for the explanation. I had already seen the specs you say and decided to "trust" Intel, but i didn't realize that the motherboard does not support RAID 0. My fault :-(. I'll have to conform with the normal hard disk drive configuration... or buy a RAID controller.

Regards
      Last edited by creeping; 06-20-2012, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X