Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An unfixable problem....................or is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unfixable problem....................or is it?

Every couple months I'll scan the comp with Norton WinDoctor. However the other day I decided to give it a go ahead and it came up with only one problem. Wow I at first I was thinking this is the first time I have ever had only one problem. Usually I have like 5 or 6. It finds a file and can't fix the problem itself. I don't have this file in my comp. Neither does the other 4 computers in the house. I asked 3 friends and they don't have the file either. Is this a made up joke? Of course I haven't noticed anything performance or stability wise but the fact that I know I have a problem like this and can't be fixed what to do what to do. If anyone has the file will that fix the problem if they give it to me?

I snached the following from a site with a lot of technical mumbo jumbo about .net:

MSCOREE.DLL was not found - What does this mean?

This is the error you get when you try to run a .NET program on a computer which does not have the .NET Framework. It means that the .NET Framework is not installed on your computer.

Comment

oooooooo. Well that could be an easy fix. I never install the .net frame work from windows update. I never thought I needed it. Have an example of a .net program? I have no idea what I'm running that uses that. But becasue it fixes that problem I suppose I'll install it. Besides what's an extra 20 meg to do on a 41 gig drive? :laugh:

Comment

No, I don't have an example of a .net program. It may just be my own ignorance, but I'm kind of afraid of .net stuff. Passport accounts are somehow a part of it now I guess and the crippleware Pladium DRM stuff will become a part of it too. Ms has already lied about all the info they collected and stored in their databases from Passport (no, we don't do that - oh, well we did do that but it was a mistake, sorry!). The new MP9 EULA that says "We'll feel free to modify (cripple) your system anytime we see fit." I don't trust MS with any info and I don't believe they intend to look out for their customers best interests either. This is just my humble opinion though.

Comment

Ya Pallidium is definitly a NO-NO on my list? What is that there new operating system in a few years? I'll be called Windows XP Paladium?

Comment

Damn and I thought they were goin' to call it "We Got Ya By The Wallet Now". :eek:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

lol that'll work too. Atleast people will know what it is. To think when this OS goes retail all the innocent people that don't know much are gona buy it thinking its the best thing in the world. hahaha that's terrible

Comment

Paladium is supposed to be built into the next version of Windows - Longhorn (funny they should pick a name that is associated with bull****). It's supposed to be about security i.e. viruses cant't run of your system because they're not "authorized" apps. But shareware and freeware won't be authorized either. Copying an mp3 will require you to register your "ownership" of the file with MS first and then verify (with the big MS database) that you are really you. They say all of these restrictions will be user optional, but I am sure they will make things really tough if you elect not to enable it. It will probably have to be on to: activate Windows, get patches, access many websites, run certain products and apps. And Intel is playing right into this as their next line of processors will generate ownership certificates. I'm sure everyone will trust MS to keep a secure database with a record of all my hardware and software, everything I buy online, sites I visit, etc.. Linux anyone?

Comment

This is getting even worse then I thought. Ya Linux here I come I suppose. Of course if I stick with windows I can stay with XP right? I mean if I wanted to I could probably survive with 95. But why would I want to?

Comment

If WMP9 beta is any example, MS will try to sneak DRM into xp with patches and updates. We'll see.

Comment

um that's if I have wmp9 beta installed lol so far I have heard nothing but problems from everyone. "This is so annoying" "I want the old one back" "Everytime I associate files with the old one it takes over" screw that screw that screw that.

But what is DRM? It sounds familiar but I can't quite remember it or figure it out.

Comment

Well you could just download the mscoree.dll file. Then put it into your C:\Windows\system folder. Restart your comp and try the scan again. If you get the message again post, if you don't get the message again, post :).

Comment

niiiiiiiiice. thanks :thumb:

Comment

I seem to remember that it goes in the system32 folder. DRM = digital rights management = RIAA & MPA will tell you what you can do with your music and movie files (and they already "know" everybody is a crook, so that's how they'll treat you).

Comment

Ya it was system32. I didn't even think of putting it in the system folder. Maybe pga1234 isn't on NT so for him its the system folder.

palladium is getting worse and worse as I slowly get more information on it. And to think AMD and INTEL are workign together to integrate this ability into there chips? I would use the statement "I'm getting a mac" but with mac's going x86 soon I can't use that in this situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X