Network problems with new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network problems with new build

Just put together a build with a asrock z77 extreme 4. I have been having trouble in multiple programs. In world of warcraft it takes a while for name of characters to load and they say unknown for a while. The other program im mainly having the biggest problem with is PS3 Media Server. It is taking forever to load the list of video files, when i choose one it takes a good 20 seconds to begin and its running laggy and choppy. My old computer ran better than this. I am using all current drivers from the asrock site and would love some help with this problem.

Re: Network problems with new build

Maybe someone will come along that knows this problem.

But its been a while, so I wanted to add my input. What ever you have for a carrier, be it cable, sat, you should go to speedtest.net, test your lan speed, if using onboard lan, or wireless.

If you are over 3 Mbps, then your network speed is not the problem. If you have cable, it will be a lot higher, depending on plans of your carrier.

So now if you get the speed problem out of the way, you have some other things to look at. Router, firewall, and the game installed, if none of these seem to be the problem, start testing drives, memory.

After testing your speed and find its ok, I would google your problem- such as world of war loading to slow, firewall setting for game and other settings.

You just might find a post that had this problem and solved it, hope it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
    X