recycling bin looks empty but it shouldnt be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recycling bin looks empty but it shouldnt be

i just deleted something but it should be in the recycling bin but its not.. when i go to click on the empty the recycling bin under the recycling bin tasks , the pop up confirmation box would ask me if i want to delete the 28 items in my recycling bin.. its recognizing the stuff thats in the recycling bin but its not displaying the pictures of the files in the recycling bin..i cant see any of them.. also in the properties of the recycling bin i got the "do not move the files to the recycling bin, remove files immediately when deleted" is unchecked... how can i get the pictures of the files visible again , they seem to be invisible?
    thanks

What is "a picture of a file"?

Comment

just the icon that goes into the recycling bin when you delete the file

Comment

With the recycle bin open, go to "view" and select "thumbnails".

Comment

that didnt work. the stuff in there are still invisible..

Comment

If they are completely invisible, then make sure that you don't have the VIEW FILES set to not show all files. You can get to this option by opening the recycle bin (or any session of Windows Explorer for that matter) and go here:

Tools --> Folder Options --> View tab. Then make sure that the radio button labeled "Show hidden files and folders". Though I wouldn't think all your files are hidden that you're deleting, it may have some sort of impact on your being able to see them. After all, it is always a good idea to be able to see everything. :)
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I've got the same problem....after installing SP1:confused:

Comment

Diablo, I've never used XP but in Win ME the recycle bin has an option to delete items without placing them in the recycle bin. (right click on recycle bin icon, then properties, check if this option is selected). If XP's recycle bin works the same as Me's then you may want to see if this is your problem. Cheers.:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                X