4-pin CPU power connector [ASRock Z77 Extreme4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-pin CPU power connector [ASRock Z77 Extreme4]

Hey I just wanted to make sure if 4-pin CPU power connector from my PSU is enough this motherboard. I've read many reviews and it should be enough unless I'm extremely overclocking and I just wanted to make sure. Click image for larger version

Name:	h.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	756056

Cheers,
    n00pe.

Re: 4-pin CPU power connector [ASRock Z77 Extreme4]

yeah should work fine,like you said i wouldnt overclock unless you upgrade psu to an 8pin
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The manual for your board states a four pin connector should be enough. But I hope your PS is enough, which you did not mention.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        The manual for your board states a four pin connector should be enough. But I hope your PS is enough, which you did not mention.
        Uhm yeah I forgot it's 550W (LC Power LC6550GP2-v2.2 Black Giant Silent 550W) which should be enough I guess.

Chers,
        n00pe.

Comment

OK, good. It's enough depending upon what else you use in your PC. If you had two high end video cards in SLI/XFire, it wouldn't be enough. If you had one power hungry video card, and eight HDDs, one in each SATA port, and a sound card, and a lot of USB devices connected to the PC, then it might not be enough.

The main power user in a PC besides the mobo and CPU, is the video card, if it is a high end card. Otherwise, PCs with this board and IB CPUs are very efficient and don't use much power. My Seasonic X660 PS will not run its fan at all until it gets warm or uses ~200 Watts. I have never seen the fan run! I'm not a gamer and use a cheap card, and my PC surge protector tells me I'm using about 120 Watts right now, which includes the monitor. Many people do not need more than a 500 Watt PS, and some never use that much.

Be sure your four pin PS connector is connected to the four plugs on the right side of the eight pin mobo connector, as it states in the manual.

Comment

Hi!
            I want to buy z75pro3, but my power supply has 4pin power connector and i am using corei3 2100 and it doesn't consume much power neither i am gonna overclock it, so can i just plug in 4 pin plug in 8 pin socket of motherboard.I am soon gonna buy Asus hd6870 it has 2 6pin power connectors so i am gonna use both molex connectors to manage another 6pin connector so i am left with only 4 pin connector.So as i mentioned above my question is can i plug in 4pin plug into 8 pin socket of mother board,if yes then on which side of 8 pin socket of board?(my PS has a 6pin and a 4pin power connector)

Comment

Originally posted by vettori View Post
              Hi!
              I want to buy z75pro3, but my power supply has 4pin power connector and i am using corei3 2100 and it doesn't consume much power neither i am gonna overclock it, so can i just plug in 4 pin plug in 8 pin socket of motherboard.I am soon gonna buy Asus hd6870 it has 2 6pin power connectors so i am gonna use both molex connectors to manage another 6pin connector so i am left with only 4 pin connector.So as i mentioned above my question is can i plug in 4pin plug into 8 pin socket of mother board,if yes then on which side of 8 pin socket of board?(my PS has a 6pin and a 4pin power connector)
              ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/Z75%20Pro3.pdf <- See page 36
              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
              X