Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when are we capable to see drivers for win8 in z68 asrock product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when are we capable to see drivers for win8 in z68 asrock product?

hi
    i have a z68 fatality pro gen3 but i dont see any driver prepared for win8 for this product ?
    i have audio problem with the old driver in win8 x64 pro is there any audio driver for this board ?
    thanks

Re: when are we capable to see drivers for win8 in z68 asrock product?

On main asrock website there is a link about windows 8.
    ASRock windows 8 Micorsite
    Under MB compatible list, there is not even a single mention of Z68.
    But I believe at some time later they surely will put out the drivers for them.
    If not, this is my last deal with asrock for sure.
    Coming from Z68 pro3 gen3, I do not have any problem with my audio, I did not even have to install any of the audio driver.
    Also fatalitiy and pro3 both use Realtek ALC892 so you shouldn't have any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryUs View Post
      Coming from Z68 pro3 gen3, I do not have any problem with my audio, I did not even have to install any of the audio driver.
      Also fatalitiy and pro3 both use Realtek ALC892 so you shouldn't have any problem.
      what about lan and chipset?

Comment

I see what there trying to get us to do, They want us to go out and buy there next product HELL with it Asrock Support your customers and they maybe next time upgrade due we will spend on you again. The support Asrock is giving right now about Windows 8 drivers is a joke.

Originally posted by FuryUs View Post
        Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+Corsair GT 60GB Caching/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500

Comment

I have to agree. Not much more than a year out from these z68 boards to have no ongoing support makes one hesitant of future purchases. Do you have not have any legacy software support teams? I hesitate to even call a board this new "legacy". You need to communicate with the customer by posting information on your website, it shouldn't be like pulling teeth. If this site is going to act as surrogate support then have someone answer basic questions.

I has noticed that some of the win8 software/drivers used on newer model boards seem to be compatible with these z68 boards. for example I was able to use newest releases of FastUSB and ASMedia to enable some features on my fatality board.
          ASROCK Fatality z68 Professional GEN3 + Intel 2600K
          4 x 4g Gskill Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28
          MSI R6950 twin frozr II
          Samsung 840 Pro 256g (win8)
          Crucial M4 256g SSD (win7)
          Crucial M4 64g SSD(cache) + (2 x Hitachi) 2 Gig 7200
          2 x 500g maxtor 7200
          Gateway LP2407
          SuperMicro SC750A

Comment

Working...
          X