Problem with my cpu cooling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my cpu cooling fan

Well I recently purchased a Gigabyte GA-7VAX mobo with an Athlon XP2000+ and I ran acrossed a problem.

I installed the Easy Tune 4 program and I see a warning in the bottom screen saying "Warning CPU A fan = 0rpm | System Fan = 2250rpm"

So I popped off the case and the cpu fan is running just fine. So I call the place where I bought the stuff from and I was told to see what the BIOS said and if it gave me a reading Easy Tune was just having an error or whatever so I check and it said the exact same thing. So I emailed the same company asking for help but have yet to hear from them and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Sorry but I can't help ya with that as I've never used mine as I prefer to do my overclockin' the right way and not let some bit of software work it out for me. Also have ya got the CPU fan plugged into the right header, alot of mobos now have 2 close together and pluggin' into the wrong 1 happens often. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I installed the Easy Tune 4 just to see what it was I don't overclock my system with it.

The cpu fan is right next to the system fan and they are both labeled and they are in there respective places

Comment

maybe the program is reading the wrong fan header? Could always simply swap them over and see what happens.

Comment

I switched the two and it was only reading the cpu fan speed this time and not the system fan speed but they are still all working

Comment

It could be that the fan isn't signaling. Is there any damage to the leads between the fan and plug?

Comment

how would I be able to tell?

Comment

Eyeball it for damaged insulation, severe kinks, etc.. Give a gentle tug on the leads at the plug end to be sure they are securly attached. I don't know how you might benchtest it with a meter, maybe someone else does.

Comment

Working...
                X