Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help both my Fatal1ty boards i once loved i now Hate! Bios Update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help both my Fatal1ty boards i once loved i now Hate! Bios Update.

Hiya guys just as the title says. I paid allot of cash for my Fatal1ty Pro P67 & Z68Gen 3 right when they came out and i was in love with them.I praised the boards to everyone. on my I5-2500K i was Benching at 5.2Ghz on water and 5.3Ghz on the I7-2700K. Well i went and did the new bios update and both boards are horrible now.I bought a high end board to overclock and benchmark.I have no idea whats in that bios update besides the pretty pictures and Missing face on the screen but i cant even get the chips to 4.7 now in either board.

Now i am finding out we can go back on the bios? Please someone let me know because these boards will be for sale and out the door if they are now useless to me?

There Must be a way to flash back. or can i get new Bios chips for the P67 and Z68 with older Bios somehow? I dont get why there wasnt a Sandy Bridge Update and Ivy Bridge update? I am not looking for a more energy efficient CPU and die shrink i want a monster with high clocks.

Please tell me there is something i can do? I dumped Asus RoG boards because i had faith in AsRock but this move right here may have killed my faith completely if i cant flash back.

Thank You for any info. & HELP

MybadOmen

Re: Help both my Fatal1ty boards i once loved i now Hate! Bios Update.

Ah yes, another victim of the Ivy Bridge CPU BIOS used with a Sandy Bridge CPU. I will say you are honest: I have no idea whats in that bios update besides the pretty pictures and... Yes, I noticed. Learn something here, a new BIOS or firmware is NOT always better, and sometimes worse!

BTW, did you download and install the "required" new drivers and F-Stream updates that are needed for the latest UEFI/BIOS? While they may not solve your problems, it's worth a try, free and easy to do, but up to you.

Otherwise, you can contact ASRock support and get new BIOS chips with older BIOS versions, the last pre-Ivy Bridge versions. I've read they can also be found on eBay, but I've never needed one.

Comment

Other forum members have solved their problem with a replacement bios chip that is pre-flashed with the most recent Sandy Bridge bios.
      I believe that the $15 cost for the chip includes shipping.
      In some cases, ASRock did not charge for the replacement bios chip.
      Let us know how things work out.
      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Is there some reason why the OP can't just reflash back to a prior version BIOS without changing the BIOS chip? If the mobo still functions, then he should be able to just re-flash unless there is something unique to these mobos that I am unaware of?

Comment

If only it were that easy. The BIOS update programs used now, check the current version, and the candidate, to-be-flashed-to version, and if it is older than the current, the flash is not done. There may be technical reasons why changing back to earlier versions is not allowed. If it were possible to simply flash back to a previous version, you wouldn't be seeing posts like these.

Comment

I have the same problem, I updated my z68 extreme3 gen3 bios to 2.30 and now my pc won't boot up. I also have an i5-2500k :( where does one buy these 15 dollar chips with older bios?

Comment

Working...
            X