Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte 560 non-Ti (GV-N56GOC-1GI.F1) SLI problems - generic design flaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte 560 non-Ti (GV-N56GOC-1GI.F1) SLI problems - generic design flaw?

Well I've had the same problems with two Gigabyte 560 non-Ti running in SLI as described in [Bugfix] NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti OC: Probleme mit Blackscreen, “Switch to Desktop” oder Reboot | Media Addicted. This mainly happened to me in heavy lifters like Guild Wars 2 (which seems to put even more strain at least on the VRAM than Furmark does). Testing the issue is pretty easy: leave Guild Wars 2 in the background with borderless window mode and wait until the system freezes.

In summary: when SLI is enabled, games like Guild Wars 2 crash my two 560 in either one of those styles:
    • graphics driver resets
    • frozen screen with mouse moving possible, sound still playing
    • frozen screen without mouse moving possible, sound still playing
    • black screen full freeze
    Before I tried all that I returned both cards back to Amazon and got two brand-new ones - which have shown the same results in SLI setup.
    This may well be a generic design flaw of those 560 cards by Gigabyte - or I am a very very unlucky person.

Though looking at the problems people have with the 560 Ti with WindForce cooling from Gigabyte I doubt that pretty much.

I hope this may help some people with problems with SLI and their Gigabyte 560's.
Working...
X