Delete 2nd XP PRO on drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete 2nd XP PRO on drive

Unfortunately, I partitioned my new 40G drive,(new, since my 5 mth old 60 G Maxtor died on me), I inadvertantly loaded XP on my D drive. Being tired, I loaded XP on the C drive, just to get things going. Three questions,

a: looking at my drives, (80 not installed yet), which should I use as a boot disk? Doing audio/video and games. Do not want to lose data again.

b: if 40 will boot, how do I delete OS in D? and will it compromise files already there?

c: I've gotten blue screen about 5 times on Maxtor, and is clacking quite loud. Any SW , already checked manufacturer, that can go in once and copy? Hey, boys and girls, BACKUP!!!

Thank you,

augie

You should run your os from the C: partition.
    If you want to copy from partition to partition, Norton Ghost will do it. Once Windows is up and running on the C: drive, if everything from D: has been mirrored, then just do a "format /q /u" on the D: drive.

Comment

Hi bigjackusa,

I'm an old man who used to run WP on DOS6.0 and WIN 3.3 on a 386 till it gave up the ghost. Mobo went. Decided to get something new. Damn stable system it was. I didn't realize that DOS was still usable. I still have DOS 5 manuals! Pack rat.

Thank you

augie: :D

Comment

Me too! I'm always looking up odd switches and parameters for dos commands when windows won't do something I want it to do and I try to trickf**k it with dos. You should see the box of 51/4" floppys I still have.

Comment

Working...
        X