Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB disk- no drive letter issue

ASRock A785GM-LE AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

I have 2 front USB ports and about 6 in the back. This is new motherboard. When I plug my iPhone or a flash drive, the driver is installed and device recognized.
    But when I plug my new Seagate backup plus drive in or my other drive using Cables to go, the drive in install (under system devices) but it is not visible as a drive letter under My Computer. I've tried everything. I wasn't having this issue with my old Medion AMD board in the same computer, same Vista OS, etc. I've trouble shot the various external drives but things seem to lead back to the ASRock board or its config. I've review config.nt, autoexec.bat, etc and can find nothing there.
    Can anyone help?
    Here is a view of My Computer. Note, the I: drive is a USB flashdrive that works fine. Drive F-H are allocated but nothing is behind them (removable drives). Was hoping after the external disk drives are USB attached and the drive appears under System, Devices, Disks that it would also appear as a letter: drive under My Computer. Any suggestions would be greatly valued.
    Jeff
    Note - other devices installed into the USB ports seem to load and work fine.

c: boot
    d: recover
    e: DVD
    f: removable (none installed)
    g: removable (none installed)
    h: removable (none installed)
    i: USB flashdrive (installed and working fine)
    U-Z network drives (working fine)

Re: USB disk- no drive letter issue

wouldn't you know, after trying to resolve this, giving up, and posting for help.....i found the answer.
    so sorry to take up your time folks. there is a util inside windows to map lost or unassigned drives.....here it is. Jeff

Find Your Missing USB Drive in Windows 7 & Vista - How-To Geek

Comment

Working...
    X