Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Extreme4 with XFX Radeon Hd 6770was working then now not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme4 with XFX Radeon Hd 6770was working then now not working?

HI all can not get My XFX RadeonHd 6770 working any more was working fine for almost 2 months then had to dissemble my pc to try a I3 if it was good then put every thing back now the card is not working try gen 1,gen2,gen3 ,pcie2.pcie3 but yet work fine in an other pc with An Asus board and Amd try switching every thing but my GeForce Gt 520 work fine am no gamer but still like my 6770 working in this Asrock Board did flash Bios to latest 2.40 nothing once under Pcie3 under gen1 i could heard the pc to load to windows sign in but a black screen but did load windows 7so card is some what working off this pc but use to work so good yes got my 6 pins connected am out of idea or is this board incompatable with this card then it should of never work WHY.WHY? please Help .Ray(BY the way love this board )

Re: Asrock Extreme4 with XFX Radeon Hd 6770was working then now not working?

So you are saying it was working, you disassembled it, did some testing with dif hardware and then re assembled everything and now it's not working?

Can you check your northbridge config in the bios and ensure that the primary adaptor is configured correctly?
    Also with the 6770 still in, you said you can hear it boot to windows but screen was blank. Did you try moving the video cable over to the onboard video to see what was up?

Also double check that all the power connectors to the videocard are in tight and CPU power as well. (always good to check these things)
    Also make sure your video card is seated properly. sometimes that clip that hold the card in gets in the way.

Let is know how that works out.

Syn

Comment

Re: Asrock Extreme4 with XFX Radeon Hd 6770was working then now not working?

Thank very much for promp reply yes all connection are good other wize would not hear the signin in windows7 in bios did choose right Pcie2 or 3 depend where i install it's in pcie2 right now and did try the onboard gpu when the 6770 is on and did get black screen even do i could heard the sound from my windows sign in screen unplug the vga and try the onboard and the screen was coming fine with the onboard vga did try hdmi same problem black screen right now got my 6770 om no screen but work okay on the vga like i said maybe compatability problem need bios to solve problem or can i go back to maybe previous bios to try some thing different and tahnk much for different idea i needed that i ran out of it but the only thig inotice in bios it's said in North bridge VT-D Capability UNSUPPORTED but that has to do with Intel Virtualization(The virtualization of I/O resources is an important step toward enabling a significant set of emerging usage models in the data center, the enterprise, and the home. VT-d support on Intel platforms provides the capability to ensure improved isolation of I/O resources for greater reliability, security, and availability. )

Update from Asrock=It might be a compatible issue between PCIE slot and Graphic, we dont have any VGA compatible list yet

Update again for some interested which Graphics card to buy for Asrock Extreme4 from Asrock Rep.= =I have tried few AMD HD video card which are HD7950, HD7770, HD6850, HD5770/5750 GFX all from Asus brand without any problems.

Just give a head up if you looking for new video card above, should be no problem with Z77 Ext4 mobo.
      Last edited by nascar59; 11-04-2012, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X