Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock ion 3d 152d issues

Fixed
    Last edited by vincendth; 10-15-2014, 03:39 PM.

Re: Asrock ion 3d 152d issues

Anyone?

Comment

No one?

Comment

First, do you have both problems when using Windows media players, and XBMCbuntu?

XBMCbuntu requires a good CPU, the Atom D525 may not qualify. From the XBMCbuntu wiki:

Intel Pentium 4, Intel Pentium M, AMD Athlon XP/64, AMD Opteron, or newer CPU (that support SSE).
        Very fast modern dual-core processor is required to decode H.264 videos in FullHD (1080p).

The Atom D525 does support SSE.

Your first problem with the noise when changing codecs (in the PC I assume?) and while browsing is strange. Since you are using S/PDIF over Toslink, any analog noise will not be transmitted, so that must be some sort of digital noise. The Toslink cable will make no difference. A work around is simply to mute the S/PDIF output when things change, but it seems like you get noise when you have music playing, and do things in your Internet browser, correct?

It seems that the HDMI connection to your TV, and then out via S/PDIF to the amplifier, stops the noise issue. I doubt you have an HDMI input on your amplifier, correct? The conversion from electrical S/PDIF (on HDMI to the TV) to light/fiber optic S/PDIF, or something else (series capacitor), removes the digital noise. Still, that noise surprises me.

The bad HD video performance when you move the mouse tells me the PC is stressed for resources, since even simply servicing the mouse pointer movement causes problems. I can't see anything in the BIOS that would help with performance of the CPU, besides adding more memory, which at 2GB is rather low IMO. You could try using a USB flash drive set up in Windows as a ReadyBoost device. I would also check the size of your Windows pagefile in Advanced System settings, and make it larger. I would also suggest using a High Performance Power Plan in Windows, and in its Advanced Settings, set the "Turn off HDD" to Never.

Most people in this forum build PCs with ASRock boards, so don't have much experience with the Ion PCs. Hopefully someone that owns one can help you with it, I don't own one.

Comment

Working...
        X