win xp new hardware detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win xp new hardware detected

every time i restart this system new hardware wizard incorrectly detects installed and properly functioning printer
    how do i stop this????:shoot2:

A couple of questions. Is it a usb printer. What is the printer brand/model? When you say "incorrectly detects" do you mean that Windows thinks it is a different make/model. Do you turn the printer on before or after you boot?

Comment

hey bigjackusa ,the printer is on lpt1 ,a canon BJC 5000 installed using win 2000 drivers . "incorrectly detects " means " new hardware found " displayed in the staus tray near the clock .when clicked on the add hardware wizard starts " new hardware found canon bjc 5000 " printer is active & ready . only occurs with printer on during boot up . this only started after installing epson 1660 scanner . printer & scanner both function normally .

Comment

are the scanner and printer hooked together?? ie printer into scanner and then scanner to PC? if so MANY scanners emulate a LPT2 and that is what your printer is on. it turns this device "on" to the computer if it determines that there is a printer connected. This could be your problem... Happened to me on an old HP scanner and printer combo on XP

Comment

Working...
        X