990FX Extreme 4 BIOS help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 990FX Extreme 4 BIOS help please!

hello guys. i've had this board for a while now and haven't had any problems until now... i've been on P2.00 since it came out but i upgraded cases the other day and decided to take advantage of this and do a clean install of windows on my SSD to do this in the cleanest way possible since I would be switching ports around and everything since it all was going to come out of my old case and into the new one, i simply cleared CMOS.

the way i have my PC set up:

2x500gb drives in RAID 0
    1x 60Gb SSD for OS and games
    1x optical Blu-Ray drive

so with this set up the first thing i do after i cleared CMOS is to change the SATA type to RAID, that way i can set up my "maindrive" raid as above. immediately after reboot and setting up the raid drive i changed the boot order in the BIOS to be
    1. blu-ray
    2. SSD
    3. Raid Drive

well when selecting the boot order all the identities were messed up! usually it would read the devices as follows when in RAID mode

UEFI: Corsair Force GT 60Gb
    UEFI: DVDBD-ROM
    SATA: Corsair Force GT 60Gb
    SATA: DVDBD-ROM
    RAID: MainDrive (this is my 2x 500gb drive)

BUT instead of correctly reading it like above, it now designates everything as RAID... including my DVDBD-ROM drive so NOW it reads

RAID: Corsair Force GT
    RAID: DVDBD-ROM
    RAID: Maindrive

and that is it. well nothing works now... if i try to install windows from the DVDBD drive selecting the only available RAID option, the install crashes. if i install it while the BIOS is NOT in raid (IDE) everything appears as simply SATA: "drive name" and installs fine like it should but if i revert to RAID after it installs then the SSD is seen as RAID again and then that crashes on bootup!

I have no idea what to do. i'm on the latest BIOS, i have tried re flashing with no luck, i have cleared CMOS x100 since this happened and it won't revert to the way it's supposed to be!

idk what happened but i could reallllly use some ideas please!

thanks in advance!
    -Covert_Death

Re: 990FX Extreme 4 BIOS help please!

I'm lost as to why, if you're using the SSD for the OS(reads like you are anyways) and the raided drive for "storage/game installs' why you even have the "3 Raid Drive" as a boot(able) option.

I'd remove the raided drives from the bootable options and retry. My guess, since your post is vague here, is it's crashing during the OS install in RAID and not IDE because you're under the assumption that since you're installing to the a single non-raided SSD that you aren't needing/using F6 to install the raid driver during Windows install.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: 990FX Extreme 4 BIOS help please!

Or move the DVD and SSD over to the Marvel ports 7 and 8 set as AHCI Bootable. That would straighten out what you're seeing as RAID in the menu too.

Nevertheless, I'd remove the raided drives from the boot(able) menu.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
      X