Asrock extreme 4 gpu detection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock extreme 4 gpu detection problem

hi.. I recently bought Asrock mb and everything else seems fine except that the board does not detect my gpu at all... Ive tested my gpu on another board and works fine so im 100% sure its not my gpu... I went around web and found alot of people having same issue and tried following

reset CMOS
    Update BIOS (2.50)
    try placing Gpu in 2nd pcie slot
    reinstalling window and gpu driver
    swapped out PSU to different one
    and many more through bios setting....

My specs are
    asrock z77 extreme4
    i5 3570k cpu
    8gb cosair vengence RAM
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB GPU
    750w OCZ PSU
    OS w7 64bit SP1

i am pulling my hair out here this is the 2nd board and i really dont want send this one again shipping and time wasted are adding up... Please help
    Last edited by jshun1234; 12-07-2012, 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Asrock extreme 4 gpu detection problem

Might seem silly of me to ask but you haven't forgotten to connect the 8-pin ATX12V1 power connector at the "top' edge of the motherboard have you?

I only ask as you going on two boards with the same problem is suspect.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Might seem silly of me to ask but you haven't forgotten to connect the 8-pin ATX12V1 power connector at the "top' edge of the motherboard have you?

I only ask as you going on two boards with the same problem is suspect.
      if i dont connect that the computer doesnt even turn on so yes i did connect it

Comment

Are you saying you saw the same problem with this board and the same video card that you have? That would make more sense than any video card.

I've used three quite different Nvidia based video cards on my Z77 EX 4 boards, and they all worked fine.

Does the on board video work for you?

I'm not saying that you don't have an issue, but it would help your situation if you narrowed the issue down to one card or one type of cards. That would be more likely to get ASRock's attention.

Comment

i did test my gpu on different mb but worked fine... and no i dont have another card to test =(

first i thought it was my gpu so i took it to parts store and they tested it for me and without even grapgic driver it worked fine on their mb

Comment

Originally posted by jshun1234 View Post
            Let me rephrase my original question.

Have you plugged in all 8 pins/wires into the ATX12V1 connector?
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yes

Comment

in the bios what is the first video? onboard ,or pcie, or cpu ?

Comment

Originally posted by jshun1234 View Post
                  Well, this is not consistent. I actually did forget to plug in the PCIe power lead on a GTX 660 card. The computer powered on, however, no picture. This could be indicative of the issue, but, what it may indicate I do not know.
                  i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
                  Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

Comment

It is set to pcie and everything below it is set to auto

Comment

Working...
                    X