G41m-combo rev 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G41m-combo rev 2.0

Hello guys! Im new here (first post!) I just bought some new stuff and having some issues.
    I got these

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo v2
    CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7500, 2933 MHz
    GPU: Point of view NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (2048 MB)
    Ram: Exceleram E30137A 4096 MB (DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 9-9-9-24) x2
    Psu: hantol power supply 550watt
    hdd: SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

All above are new bought except my cpu. Well the thing is.. When i install both rams pc is running but after some
    minutes doing random stuff (or playing games) i get a blue screen with errors. I tried it with a second hdd to work and
    format it and i still get blue screen. (I removed the second ram and it works fine) Or my motherboard just simply doesnt
    support 8gb of ram? What program do you suggest to use,to see if everything is working fine or something is damaged
    and need to be changed?

ehmmm.. some new info.. my cpu i had it in my previous motherboard asus p5q and i asked a technician to tell me whats going
    on with the blue screen on double ram and he told me that cpu was used to run on ddr2 and cant handle 8gb ram of ddr3. Thats pretty
    wrong right?

Any help would be much appreciated guys.
    Last edited by superskunk; 12-22-2012, 12:05 PM.

Re: G41m-combo rev 2.0

Welcome to the forums SS.
    If you look up your mobo on Gigabyte website it tells you to use 800-1066mhz speed on the memory,1333 only thru overclocking.
    If I remember correctly the E7500 has a FSB of 1066, so for default settings you should be linked and synced at 1066.
    You should never run the memory higher than the CPU!
    The G41 chipsets were not very good at overclocking,they are good for regular computing needs.
    Change memory to 1066mhz speed ,and you should be fine with 2x4gig DDR3.
    Never heard of Exceleram, they may not be on the list of supported ram for motherboard?
    Since it is a G41combo you could always use DDR2 memory from other board.

Comment

I have never had any issues running the memory higher than the CPU (that's how you overclock), but that is a G41 chipset and the only overclocking that board had in mind was running 1333mhx for an extreme CPU.

Running DDR3 on that motherboard should be fine as the memory controller is on the motherboard and not through the CPU so running DDR3 is not a problem, it will only fit in 2 of the 4 slots and you just cannot run both memory types at the same time.

Do you recall what blue screen you were getting?

Right click on My Computer and select properties, on the left click on "Advance System Settings", under Start-up and Recovery click on settings, then uncheck "Automatically Restart"

then once you get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) you can record what the fault code was.

it will be a 0x0000xxx number.

based on that number we can determine what the appropriate action will be.

next time it happens let us know.

Vin
      Main Rig
      OS = Win10-64Bit
      CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
      Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
      MB = Asus ROG C6H
      GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
      HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
      PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
      Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
      OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
      CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
      Mem = 24GB RAM
      MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
      GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
      HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
      Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
      PSU = Corsair TX750
      Case = Define R5

Comment

Thank you very much for responding guys! Well i dont want to overclock just gaming and movies.
        My rams are these:

And the blue screen is that (when i installed both rams and tried to type here it pop-d it) so really quick.

Also when i boot it back again i got this from windows

Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
        OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
        Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
        BCCode: 50
        BCP1: FFFFFAC0091B5B00
        BCP2: 0000000000000000
        BCP3: FFFFF80002CE110C
        BCP4: 0000000000000005
        OS Version: 6_1_7600
        Service Pack: 0_0
        Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
        C:\Windows\Minidump\122412-17222-01.dmp
        C:\Users\Pater\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29234-0.sysdata.xml

So if i just replace those rams with 1066mhz ddr3 8gb it should be fine? I can even feel some tiny lags
        when i use 1 ram but it didnt pop any blue screen even playing for about 2 hours skyrim and my computer
        was online for about 7-8 hours.

Comment

You can use those rams instead of buying new ones, just go to your bios and manually set them to 1066mhz.
          All C2Q and C2D run better being linked and synced to the Cpu's FSB( yours beening 1066mhz for a E7500 C2D)
          While also in bios set the ram voltage a little bit higher manually to 1.52-1.55volt, since those are rated for 1.5 volt.
          You may also be able to drop the timings down to 8-8-8-22 2t for better overall performance.

Comment

Ya I would run the ram at 1.5V, an 0x00050 error is a either a memory error or voltage related to memory

you can start with setting the memory to 1:1 (Linked and Synced)...

I would start with resetting the Bios, then on first boot-up enter the bios by pressing the Delete Key and "Load Optimized Settings" and then save and reboot again.

Once the system re-boots go back in the bios and just start with increasing the memory voltage from auto to 1.5V, and start with that.

Vin
            Main Rig
            OS = Win10-64Bit
            Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
            MB = Asus ROG C6H

HTPC / Home Server
            OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
            Mem = 24GB RAM
            GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
            PSU = Corsair TX750
            Case = Define R5

Comment

is this the correct option?:

How can i change it to 1.52 or 1.55? Or do i need to get some new bios? im so noob at this

it wont hurt my system if i increase it to 1.6?

Comment

im also getting another issue.. once i turn on my computer for first time of the day(like 10 hours of not on power) i get this:

and when im entering windows i get this:

After 2-3 restarts it will load normally and windows are running fine. I tried reinstalling
                nvidia drivers didnt work. somethin here is terribly wrong with my computer and i just dont know what

Comment

this is all pointing to bad memory, memory setting or possibly a bad ram slot...

Run Memtestx86, download is here; Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I normally get the "Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)" ... direct Link to what I normally get http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20...+-4.20.iso.zip

Burn it to a CD, then re-boot your PC, press F12 and select your CD/DVD boot device.

let the memory tool run, for 1 pass can take an hour or two depending on the system. start with this and we'll go from there.

Vin
                  Main Rig
                  OS = Win10-64Bit
                  Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
                  MB = Asus ROG C6H

HTPC / Home Server
                  Mem = 24GB RAM
                  GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
                  PSU = Corsair TX750
                  Case = Define R5

Comment

Set voltage at 1.5 volt or use normal.
                    I looked up that power supply of yours and it is a very cheap 20.00$ unit.
                    Don't go cheap on PSU, it is better to have a good name brand.
                    During cold start-ups it is probally not giving good voltage to your system,only when it warms up it is fine.
                    If you have another Psu to test with I would do that.
                    Also make sure all power cables are securely attached(24 pin, 8 pin, power cord to outlet).

Comment

ok i tried another psu and it didnt change anything on those white lines on boot.
                      but i tried also another gpu and those white lines never appear. dunno maybe its a gpu problem?
                      or something is not compatible, does anyone know some program for gpu to test if its working without problems?

Comment

Sounds like you are overheating that GPU.
                        What settings are you using to play Skyrim on that card?
                        Definitly can't be more than medium at low res.
                        The 610 only has a 64 bit memory lane , you would be better off with a 640gt or 650gt that has a 128 bit memory.
                        You can always use Precision to monitor heat, and create a better fan profile.

Comment

im having 40-42C cpuid hardware monitor on 610 gt playing for many hours. max 53. and ofc low settings.
                          im thinking upgrading to 550ti (120euros) but in the future.. a guy told me that my processor is not combatible
                          with 2gb of video ram. is that correct? my cpu is weak i know and maybe its affected from my previous motherboard
                          which it died
                          Last edited by superskunk; 01-10-2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Those are good temps for gpu, so you wouldn't be overheating the video card.
                            You have been playing for many hours, so i think your cpu was not hurt from your other motherboard.
                            Would not call that cpu weak it can keep up with some of the newer i3s.
                            Don't know what monitor size or resolution you are using?
                            You already said you used a different video card and everything worked ,but you did not test the 610 in another pc to see if you get the same problems.
                            Have you got both sticks of memory in and working?

Comment

i havent tested my gpu in other system. no im using only 4gbs of ram, the other one is just sitting.
                              thank you so much for your concern but i dont think i can make anythin to work. only 1 thing i tried is i installed
                              both rams and set voltage to 1.6 from bios. i run some nfs game and blue screen never pop-d up. but there was somethin
                              strange, i didnt sense any difference with 8gb of ram instead i felt more laggy pc and after a while i get some random errors
                              from windows that game cannot respond. so i just quick change the voltage to normal.
                              is something wrong here?

Last edited by superskunk; 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X