Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard problems with Capacitive Touch Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard problems with Capacitive Touch Screen

CPU : Intel Pentium G860 Sandy Bridge 3.0GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80623G860
    Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi (rev 1.0) (Bios F2)
    Memory : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH
    SSD : Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F180GBGS-BK 2.5" 180GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    VIDEO: Integrated/onboard Intel HD Graphics
    POWER SUPPLY : Micronics 230W

Hello I am having trouble with my Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI motherboard and the touch functionality of my 7 inch capacitive touch screen (which has a Cando Touch controller). I have done a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bits), updated all the motherboard drivers from the Gigabyte website and updated all the windows updates. My bios Version is F2, however I have also tested with the beta bios F3d and I get the same results. Basically the capacitive touch screen (connected via a DVI-i to VGA converter for video and via USB for touch controller)should be plug and play and should automatically work with the default Windows 7 Drivers (the capacitive touch screen is installed as an HID device). However the touch functionality is very erratic and jumpy with the Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi motherboard, for example when I try to draw a straight line with the Paint Program of Windows 7 I get an erratic zig zag like line which is not straight. Also when i try to right click by placing and holding my finger on the screen the cursor jumps all over the place and therefore the computer is not able to recognize a right click. I have tried using this same capacitive touch screen with several different setups (for example with two different Dell laptops and a Via Epia M10000 motherboard (clean Windows 7 install)) and in all these other cases where I simply plug in the capacitive touch screen via USB the Windows 7 drivers install correctly and the touch screen works perfectly as it should. It is able to draw straight lines in Paint and recognizes the right click when I hold my finger down on the screen. So basically after lots of trouble shooting the problem seems to be with the Gigabyte Z77N-wifi mother board, not sure if its a bios bug or a bios configuration issue, but I would really appreciate your help in trying to solve this issue. Thanks!
Working...
X