AMD 955 Black Edition c2 + Asrock 970 extreme 3 overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 955 Black Edition c2 + Asrock 970 extreme 3 overclocking

Hi there, my first post so I like to say hi/hello to everyone first:)
    Now my problem, no matter what I do I cannot get this cpu to overclock. I know that the cpu can't overclock to much - maybe 3.7/3.8 max from 3.2, but I cannot get it to overclock at all stable. I've tried raising cpu nb voltage, cpu voltage (I 've had the vcore to 1.5v which is max on this cpu) but it doesn't work. I'm running 8gb corsair 1600 xms3 which I have underclocked to 1333mhz as I don't think my chip is compatible with 1600mhz. Can anyone who has had experience with this board give me any ideas, as I am finding it a little frustrating atm. I know it's not a great cpu but I do plan on upgrading it in the future to a 4300/6300 fx, but that might not be till later this year or earky next year as I can' afford it right now.
    Can anyone help?
    Many Thanks.

p.s I'm running bios 1.60.

Re: AMD 955 Black Edition c2 + Asrock 970 extreme 3 overclocking

can anyone help me with this please, maybe someone has a profile I can use with this cpu?

Comment

Re: AMD 955 Black Edition c2 + Asrock 970 extreme 3 overclocking

Well I don't know the first thing about AMD procs, as I'm a card carrying Intel guy... But I usually find that the power supply is the first thing to look at if even small overclocks are not stable.

Make sure you are getting good power. Borrow a known good supply if you can to test. and make sure you do have good connection the the 8pin cpu power header. if you are using only 4 of the 8 pins (which is possible) that may account for the instability.
      with a power hungry 125w CPU, and that vapor 5770 (500w)... you *may* be asking too much of your power supply. I know corsair makes some pretty good PS units, but depending on what else you have plugged into it, you are nearing capacity.
      (overclocks demand a lot more power)

Syn

Comment

Working...
      X