• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock FM2A75-DGS // RAM Issue

I have a question about my RAM.

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS
    CPU: AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz

I have the G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM sticks, and I am only able to get about 3.4GB of RAM while the rest is listed as Hardware Reserved...

My Bios has been updated to the latest version. Not sure what to do.

Any help is much appreciated.

Re: ASRock FM2A75-DGS // RAM Issue

Hello and Welcome.

So that us other Users here know what you have there system-wise, please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' and select Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

You stated "...the rest is listed as Hardware Reserved".

Does this imply that Windows sees all 8Gb and from ~3.4Gb out to 8Gb is reserved? Or is Windows only seeing 4Gb with ~0.6Gb reserved?

Are both sticks recognized in the BIOS on the Main screen?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Windows sees all 8GB and from 3.4GB to 8GB it is all reserved.

Both Sticks are recognized in BIOS.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Do you have the RAM in A2 & B2? If not try that. I'll assume that you tried switching them.
        How much are you sharing w/onboard graphics? I think the max is 2G your milage may vary.
        Have you tried snatching your Sapphire out?
        BIOS ver latest?

I just saw on another thread that UEFI gfx should be set to onboard if you're using the Sapphire to supplement.

I think G.Skill techs are very good. I think they can at least rule the RAM out or not.

Good luck!
        Last edited by Mustash; 01-12-2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X