Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 990FX Extreme 4 along with CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

Goodday tweaktowners,

I have built my custom PC this past weekend and I have quite some issues with it. Maybe you guys cen help me out! :)

In my PC I have these main components:
    Proc: AMD FX-8120
    Mem: CMZ16GX3M4A1600C (4x4gb 1600Mhz Quadkit )
    MoBo: ASRock 990FX Extreme 4

The problems are quite less than it was before. But it still troubles me. In the beginning I had BSOD's every hour or less. I have updated my bios and tried new timings and frequency for the RAM. Now I get an BSOD every 3 hour or something. The BSOD's that I do get are quite different everytime. Sometimes it is Memory Management sometimes its IRQL is bad less or equal and another 1 starting with PFN List. My first question is; Do you guys maybe know if my RAM is compatible with my mobo. I can't find a solid answer from anywhere.

The timings frequency and methods:
    Manual
    9-9-9-24 2T 1336Mhz and 1600Mhz
    Loaded XMP Profile
    9-9-9-24 2T on 1600Mhz

I know that there is a Beta update for my bios which says improved memory compability but I don't know if this will function well on my system.
    Last edited by Sentrux; 01-15-2013, 03:45 AM.

Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme 4 along with CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

Hello and Welcome.

So that we other Users here know what your system is comprised of and its OS, please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' and select Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Nice board

Specifics on the errors your seeing will go a long way towards helping here.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks wardog,

I don't really have any specific errors. All I can tell is that I am having bluescreens at random moments. All I can tell about them is they come from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I really want to help with providing the right information. I am not behind my computer because I am on my internship but, I hope I can give you as much as needed.
      Last edited by Sentrux; 01-15-2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Do not flash/update your BIOS until these errors are resolved. Should one of these errors happen in the middle of flashing it could render your BIOS/MB unusable till a new BIOS chips is installed.

Next ones happening, write down what the BSOD states on screen. There'll be a line that begins "STOP: 0x blah blah bla" , this line and the one above it that states the error like "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT".

Another might be DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL followed further down with the ubiquitous STOP: 0x*** . These two line, write them down when they occur.

In the meantime, or more importantly here, run Memtest86+ (<-Link) for like 4-5 passes and preferably 8 or 9 passes.

These errors, are you OC'ing anything in/on your system? Running stock on the cpu and memory but OC'ing the graphics card?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          In the meantime, or more importantly here, run Memtest86+ (<-Link) for like 4-5 passes and preferably 8 or 9 passes.
          If you see Memtest error out(big nasty red lines!) while running it go ahead and exit out. We want no errors showing up! That's the plan anyways.

Let us know how the passes of Memtest come out please.

Comment

Thanks so far.

As far as I know is my system stock. No OC no tweaks.. nothing. completely stock just the way i like it ;p.

I would like to do a memtest if I can find an USB stick that will be reconized by my mother board :)

With hirens boot CD I was able to find that most of my blue screens are coming from ntoskrnl.exe but that was before I reinstalled my Win7.

When I get home I will write down any BSOD's I get and I will communicate that here.

Are there maybe other things that I could test ?

Comment

The Memtest ISO's can be burned to CD and run from as bootable too.

Comment

I have ran memtest on my system. When I had all four modules in I got 800k errors in 35 min. After that I tested the modules 1 by 1 and finally found the one that gave me errors. So I have put that one out and now I got 12gigs of ram. There is just 1 of them that is broken. When I want a RMA for this.. do i need to send them all 4 to the fabricator?

Comment

Congrats on finding the one causing your headaches.

You will most likely be req'd to send all 4 back at once

That's a good thing! You want all 4 sticks to be factory matched. It sux but it's best to have them matched. That's what you bought and you should demand no less.

Comment

Ye finally got something to blame! ahah.

Well about sending them all four. Its good to have them matched. But what if I send 4 of them back with 1 broken and I get another 4 back with 2 or maybe 3 broken ones. I kinda lost my trust in corsair because of this.

Comment

I hear ya.

Yet, there's that same chance with any manufacturer. Either new or via rma.

Corsair is a well respected company. Also, keep in mind most people leave negative comments when they experience issues. This slants what gets posted to appear company x's products are garbage. Trust me, Corsair sells scads of memory and in doing a stick or two will sadly get past. You unfortunately happened to be one who got a single bad stick of the thousands that Corsair produces and ships on a daily basis. Dumb luck. It's bound to happen regardless of who you choose.

Comment

You are right. I retrieve myself from the fact that I said that I kinda lost my trust. You call it dumb luck. Well I call it my life. There is allways something buggin up with anything I buy. I am gonna call my local dealer and hope he can deal with this issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X